Help me decide on a style of dress!! (w/pictures!)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 kerryjbrown

• 672 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:21 PM

I love #36...beautiful on you with the diaganol rueshing (sp?) and I love the back!

#42 futurerana

• 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:54 AM

#36 is the sexiest if you are going to choose more formal. Love it, I think it is more flattering than #40 on your body. And I love #14 just because I love the less formal and it is also very flattering. But if you are like me you are probably going to still choose the one you like best and we are just going to confuse you. I am having the hardest time myself!!

#43 iwantadreamswedding

• 327 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

i like number 40 the best. but you look good in all of them. My least fave on you is probably # 46 but it still looks good.

#44 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:17 PM

I think it is between 40 and 51. Tey are beautiful and you look great in them

#45 KJT1985

• 694 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

I've bought my dress! Ok, TWO actually. And they weren't any of the ones I tried on or showed you all. I was perusing ebay when I stumbled upon an Anjolique dress that was pretty much everything I had said I wanted. While I initially thought it was a beautiful dress, I wasn't set on it immediately. However, the fact that it retails for over $800 and was only $339 was really making it hard for me to pass up. It's a sample gown from a store in Montana that isn't carrying the designer anymore. It was never bought, never worn out of the store and still has all the tags. The lady also sent me close up pictures of the detail and said that there doesn't seem to be any bead work missing. And luckily, i'm the sample gown size! I checked to see what other dresses they were selling and saw one like I had tried on before (I'm sure you'll recognize it). It retails for $850 and was only $179!!!! So I bought both. My plans for the second, cheaper one, is to have a seamstress cut it off at the knee and tighten the skirt a bit then wear it for our receptions back here at home. Our wedding isn't until next February so worst case scenario, I don't like one or both or for some odd reason there's no chance of them fitting, and I have a year to sell them. No big deal. For the deal I got, I don't think I can go wrong here.

*not me these picts, the dresses will arrive Monday
            THE dresses pictures by Beaujo85 - Photobucket

#46 iwantadreamswedding

• 327 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

those are gorgeous! i love a good ebay deal!

#47 tropicalhopeful

• 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

Hard choice - you look great in all of them. I vote for #36 - I love the corset back on you and the sidesweptness is so flattering.

#48 LAURENANDBILL

• 391 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 08:06 AM

i like number 46

#49 LesleyAnne

• 13 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 09:08 AM

When you see it, you know it! You needed to go on line, quietly by yourself, and decide, which is exactly what you did! Congrats! The second one is exquisite! The one for the actual destination wedding is just beautiful! You only get to be a princess bride once, so I like that you picked the first one for the wedding. I will be a bride for the third time (divorce, widow) and finally found a Jessie McClintock that is the real me. It was fun trying on those 100 dresses, though, wasn't it? I just love wedding gowns and anything that has to do with wedding fabrics. I tried on about 20 outrageous dresses just for the fun of it myself! I loved this thread and all the comments. Keep us updated!

#50 Erin6341

• 298 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

What a fabulous choice! They are both beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users