Help:What month is the best time to go to Italy

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DreaW

DreaW
  • Banned
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

So Erik is now talking about Honeymoons, I mentioned I wanted to go to Italy (Venice). So we were thinking of having wedding in May instead of June. Since it's nice and sunny in May. Is this a good time to go to Italy though?
    Or should we wait till June?
    I just talked to the surf and sand resort and they told me I can't even reserve the date for the wedding with them till 9 months before the wedding....So now i'm planning this....so frustrating!!! I want my date! Sorry for going a little nuts there. LOL

#2 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
    • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

From what I can see, April to June is the best time... here, check these out:

A Short Guide To Having Fun In Italy

Tour Of Italy ยป Italy Tour

Italy - Travel Photos of Rome, Genoa, Venice, Lucca and beaches
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#3 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

I went to Italy in June about 10 years ago and it was really hot and really crowded...I think you're best to go before June to avoid the family/tourist travel season. We're doing a delayed honeymoon to Italy in late september.....tourists will hopefully be fewer then.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

my mom is going this November right before it gets too cold...but if you can go in may, but what if you get a teaching job? honestly its really hard to take off time at the end of the year, I am super busy right now and I am sure elem. is similar.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 DreaW

DreaW
        • Banned
        • 2,462 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

really Christine? Darn. I figured.....
          So I guess it's the end of June then

#6 NATASHA

NATASHA
          • 646 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

I love Italy.

The best times are May, September, and October.

You don't want to go too early in May, though. The first week some hotels and restaurants are still closed. If you're sticking to the main towns, you'll be fine, but places like the Cinc Terre (SO GREAT THERE) and Portofino will still be breaking in their hotel staff members. That happend to me on one of my trips there and that was the third week of May.

I avoid mid-June through Aug. 31. The crowds are bad and it's really hot.
            Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#7 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
            • VIP Member
            • 931 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

ITA with Natasha.

June will be really crowded. In August/ early Sept a lot of the towns shut down as the locals go on holiday.

The S&S is a nice hotel but gets very mediocre reviews. Are there any other hotels / venues that you are looking at in OC?

#8 tob1kanobe

tob1kanobe
              • 216 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:40 AM

I was in Italy from the end of May through the end of June. All I know is most of the trip we were comfortable --- not too warm or cold (but I am from Florida) but our last stop was Milan at the end of June and it was horrible, pouring sweat disgusting...
                http://i74.photobuck....ypics025-1.jpg
                Bryan (DH) is Napolean Dynamite and his friend is a keg.

#9 Clussy75

Clussy75
                • 533 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

I went last year at the end of September and it was downright perfect weather for being a tourist there and it just felt ideal. Good luck!
                  Claudia & Sean
                  11/11/07

#10 lavender

lavender
                  • 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:22 AM

I found that Florence was super duper hot and crowded in June. I found that Rome was much more bearable. Spring is usually a good time to go because it is not too hot and the days are longer...:) I would aim for Spring then Fall then Summer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users