Photo

Exercise/Diet ROLL-CALL!

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#11 JENESIS

JENESIS
  • 394 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:35 PM

This is an excellent idea. Just reading what you girls have done today makes me feel really guilty. I have not exercised at all today!

Maybe this is what I need to give me that extra kick.

#12 JENESIS

JENESIS
    • 394 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:41 PM

I figure I should write down my eating diary since it is 7:37 and it might stop me from eating any more.

Breakfast: Grape Nut Flakes
      Half a banana

Lunch: Apple
      Ham, tomato and mustard sandwich

Snack: 6 tortilla chips
      Bite of a plum
      3 carrot sticks

Dinner: Chicken breast stir fried with pepper, onion, mushroom
      White rice

Snack: Miniature Hershey's Extra Dark

That was kind of therapeutic.

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:42 AM

Ok well yesterday was a bust for me, Didn't end up having time to work out. Today our boys (by boys I mean our two dogs) go to daycare so Cain and I will be working out together doing weight training. Our focus today will be upper body.

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

Ok, here's my diet/exercise for Monday 10-2. I wasn't feeling like starting my diet today, so this is pretty bad:

Breakfast:
          Protein bar

Lunch:
          Cheeseburger & 4pc Chicken Nugget from McDonalds

Afternoon snack:
          3 snack size Almond Joy bars

Dinner:
          Spaghetti with no-meat sauce & 2 pcs Garlic Bread

Exercise: Tae-Bo Bootcamp 30 min

Today I'm officially starting the diet up again and my scale is stashed away in the closet, we'll see how it goes...

#15 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

Good morning ladies! Well, I did pretty good yesterday...

Excercise: 2.5 mile power walk in the am; squats & lunges in the bathroom while getting ready (hey, I'm a multi-tasker!)

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean cereal w/soy milk & peach slices; coffee w/soymilk & splenda.

Lunch: Leftover grilled pork chop w/small portion of mashed potatoes (bad!) and peas.

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast & big green salad w/tomatoes & bell peppers, small serving steamed rice.

NO WINE!!! I had sparkling water instead. It was hard.

#16 KARLA

KARLA
            • 373 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

Christa - I slipped and had a glass of red wine... I was doing so good, but we had a girl's get together to watch The Bachelor season premier. That show is SO funny!

Last night I got about 5 minutes of cardio because I left work later than I had planned, but I did get to the weight lifting class and I HURT. My gosh, I'm out of shape!

Today it's kickboxing and abs.

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KarlaV
              Girls,

Has anyone taken a Pilates Class? Not a mat class, but with the actual Pilates contraption thing? A local studio in town charges $65 a class!! Seems outrageous. I just wanted to know if it was worth it. If not, I'll stick to my spin class.

KarlaV
              karla, i took some one on one classes...i am pretty athletic naturally and played tennis, soccer, vollyeball throughout high school and soccer in college BUT let me tell you pilates kicked my ass!! i was shaking during and after the class.

i actually get better results doing light cardio and weights though because i could only afford to have 1 private session a week and that is not going to do it with pilates...so before the wedding, i had 1 maybe 2 sessions a week with a trainer but he would give me a detailed workout sheet so i would go into the gym, 2-3 time w/o him and do what he said...then i would meet with him, he would check out my progress, bump me up in weight or reps, etc. for the next week.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:31 PM

ok, i have been a sack of shit since i got married...i just busted my butt so much before the wedding...i am going to go to the gym today...

so yesterday:

breakfast:
              tall white mocha (starbucks)

lunch:
              1/2 ham/cheese sando (onlu at 1/2 bread)
              small green salad

dinner: took clients out
              shrimp dumplings
              black cod & spinach

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#19 gkashmira

gkashmira
              • 1,962 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 02:41 PM

KarlaV - My friend used to do pilates on a reformer 3 times a week. I have to say that I think (as she told me) that's it's not worth it. You can get better results with weights and even light cardio. To be hnest I think she never lost a pound and she was diligent. However if you have problems with your back I heard it can be really good because it focuses on core strengthening.
                Kashmira & Dan
                Happily married since June 16, 2007
                http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#20 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                • VIP Member
                • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=KARLA;7709]Christa - I slipped and had a glass of red wine... I was doing so good, but we had a girl's get together to watch The Bachelor season premier. That show is SO funny!
                  /QUOTE]

Karla! You were my inspiration! And you had a glass of wine Just kidding. I think I like your idea of saving drinks for get togethers & special situations. For instance, I'm getting together with my BFF tomorrow night for a catch up session, so I'll allow myself an alcoholic bev. Otherwise I might kill myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users