Father/Daughter dance songs

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#81 Hopelesslyblissful

• 191 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:11 AM

I think we are using "I loved her first" by heartland....My dad is big into country and when I was little I used to listen to it alot with him....not so much anymore but the song did bring me to tears the first time I heard it. Now Im just worried I'll bawl on the dance floor! hahaha

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#82 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

I'm stuck on my father/daughter dance. I was leaning toward Mi Nina Bonita, but I'm thinking of going with a song that's sung in english. im 3 weeks away!!! ahhhh

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
      http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#83 Stacy015

• 172 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

I decided to go with "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

But I really liked
        Heartland "I Loved Her First" & Tim McGraw "My Little Girl"

#84 sheila2011

• 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:24 PM

I just listened to Heartland's "I Loved her First" and burst into tears! I may have to use that song!! Great thread! Thanks for the ideas!!
          Counting down to January 17th in Punta Cana!

#85 kclyburn

• 153 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:58 PM

My Dad is surprising me! SCARY! He is notorious for singing at events like this....sad thing is, hes not as great as he thinks he is! Don't get me wrong, hes not bad, but really...its so embarassing sometimes. Is it bad that I am 30 years old and still humiliated by this! I just KNOW he is going to sing and record something for them to play! :-/

#86 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Well I love “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts but since we are doing a combo father/daughter mother/son dance and my FI hates country he said no to it.

We decided on “Unforgettable” by Nat King Cole. It is perfect for us and works with our music for the cocktail hour, dinner, and our first song which is “When I Fall in Love” by Nat King Cole.
              Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#87 Mrs. Williams

Mrs. Williams
              • 284 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 01:06 PM

After reading through this posts and listening to all the song choices, I think we're going to go with Chrisette Michelle's "My Joy."  Even though I'm dancing with my stepfather, I am his joy.  He never treated me like a 'step" child.  I was always "his" daughter.  I think this song will be perfect.

#88 CSandCK2

• 563 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:20 AM

Great post, thanks so much for all of the fantastic ideas!

#89 SKing24

• 265 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:46 AM

I love all these song ideas...thanks!  I don't think I want to go sappy for the father/daughter dance though...i want it to be fun.  I am so confused!

Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

#90 dby88

• 166 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

Thanks for posting! There are a couple on here that I had not thought of until now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users