Photo

Help my husband find a job, so we can move!!!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

SALES JOB NEEDED!!!!

Recently, my husband lost his job, it was unexpected and a shock to our system. Before that happened we were trying to buy a house. Long story short we were having a heck of a time, and DH losing his job was actually pretty nice because it put house shopping on hold.

So now onto the topic at hand. We have decided to change the path that we were on. We live in a small town, where the cost of living is ridiculous, and job opportunities are limited.

I’ve always wanted to live out of state, but life always got in the way of doing that. Well not any more. Its time to make the move. The question is though, where do we go, and how do we find a job?

This is where im hoping you can help us. Do you know of any job opportunities? My husband was in sales. He has been in the alcohol business for years, and has extensive wine knowledge. However his last job was selling wine labels.

I'm an insurance agent, but I was in advertising sales before that.

I would like to avoid the east coast. And I prefer a more urban town. Help us get the hell out of here. If you have any wisdom I would love to have and if you know of any job openings, I would love that too!!
    ANy hlep would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#2 Ayita

Ayita
    • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:04 PM

Well, if you're looking for a job just to help you for now, there's the census... it's a two years job. If you don't work in the field it's a regular office job except you don't really have week-ends... but it's everywhere in the US.

US Census Bureau 2010 Jobs Main Page

#3 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
      • VIP Member
      • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:00 PM

oh i hope he finds something! lots of luck to him!

#4 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
        • VIP Member
        • 3,160 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:01 PM

oh i hope he finds something! lots of luck to him!

#5 BachataBride

BachataBride
          • Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:14 PM

MOVE TO ONTARIO WITH ME!!!! jk

In all seriousness, good luck. I hope you find something you both love. Wow, what an adventure?? I sometimes wish we could just pack up & move! Although I don't envy your situation of HAVING to do it.
            Let us know how you make out!

#6 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

We dont HAVE to do it. There are jobs here, im just sick of Napa, and we want to a change!
              Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#7 BachataBride

BachataBride
              • Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:28 PM

Oh...well that's better then! So I do envy you!!

#8 kristendotcom

kristendotcom
                • 294 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

Would you ever consider moving to Texas?

I have relocated twice after growing up in NJ... first moved to San Diego and now I live outside of Dallas. There is a good job market here and home prices haven't tanked as much around here either. If you want to buy a home too this is a great place to start. Houses are SO much cheaper than in California. We were able to buy a house here that is the size of one we could never have afforded in CA. I am sure you could find jobs too.

The scenery around here can't come close to Napa but we do have some vineyards too if your hubby wanted to try to stay in that industry.

#9 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                  • 3,347 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

I always wished I could have packed up and moved to somewhere else, but then I had kids and now I feel like I have to stay put for them. I really did things backwards. So I guess when they move out I will move somewhere warm and sunny with an ocean.

If you like corn fields, small town folks and freeze your nipples off weather- come to Iowa! LOL
                    ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

#10 ~Stephanie~

~Stephanie~
                    • 3,347 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:43 PM

On the other hand, my boss moved to Iowa from CA and was able to buy his house outright pretty much because of the cost of living difference and he loves it here!

Make sure you check out websites like Careerbuilder.com for jobs:

CareerBuilder.com Jobs - The Largest Job Search, Employment & Careers Site
                      ~Stephanie

Our wedding websitewww.mywedding.com/stephanieandmichaelbailey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users