Photo

Sand Pails as OOT bags!?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 merocket59

merocket59
  • 937 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

I wouldn't worry about being practical, lots of people use gable boxes which aren't reusable, plus the pails are reusable if they want, they could always give them to a kid they know if they don't want them. And for 30 people you could find a way to travel with them.

#12 tguerre

tguerre
    • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:19 PM

I love the idea. We are having our wedding in Florida so shipping isn't too crazy expensive for us.

I am buying sand pails when I get down to Florida for the kids. We have about 30 guests. I did mini 4x4 lime green tote bags ($1ea from Michaels) with a thank you tag for all guests and large tote bags ($2.50 at Target) with lots of stuff like beach mats, beach ball, beach safe, flip flop playing cards, and bottle koozie for each of the wedding party individuals and our immediate family.
      34 Confirmed flights!!
      1 day til Florida!!
      7 days til the wedding!!

#13 tguerre

tguerre
      • 78 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

I love the idea. We are having our wedding in Florida so shipping isn't too crazy expensive for us.

I am buying sand pails when I get down to Florida for the kids. We have about 30 guests. I did mini 4x4 lime green tote bags ($1ea from Michaels) with a thank you tag for all guests and large tote bags ($2.50 at Target) with lots of stuff like beach mats, beach ball, beach safe, flip flop playing cards, and bottle koozie for each of the wedding party individuals and our immediate family.
        34 Confirmed flights!!
        1 day til Florida!!
        7 days til the wedding!!

#14 Hopelesslyblissful

Hopelesslyblissful
        • 191 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

I love the idea, sand pails are really cute!! But I also agree with everyone else that getting them there may be abit of a pain, but I'm sure you could figure a way to get them there if thats really what you want.
          http://dwdf.daisypath.com/vWwHm6.png

~19 Booked Plus Bride & Groom~

#15 AlmostaSeif

AlmostaSeif
          • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:50 PM

I think it's a great idea! It may not be fun to take down there, but I am sure you could work it out as they shouldn't be too heavy. Also, I wouldn't worry about it being practical. Since they are so cheap, that seems like the most cost effective way.

#16 dionisas

dionisas
            • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:34 PM

I actually want to use sand pails as gift bags for kids and fill them with beach toys from the dollar store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users