Sand Pails as OOT bags!?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 matcek

• 22 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

So I found plastic sand pails at the dollar store. I am thinking about using these as my OOT bags. I can even make stickers to "Brand" them and tehn fill them with all kinds of fun stuff...By the way the dollar store also has cheep flip flops, hand sanitizer, beach balls, and playing cards. You can even shop them online now.
    Obviously they will be a little bulky for travel, but we will figure it out. What do you think about this idea?

#2 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:42 AM

I love it. I think it's adorable, just a pain to transport.

#3 TightyWhitey

• 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Cute idea!

#4 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

I have seen pics of this on other sites and it looks so cute!! I'm sure you can figure out a way to transport them if you plan ahead, how many guests are you having??

#5 BachataBride

• Banned
          • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

I don't mean to be a downer, but will they be practical?? I think the OOT bags are great because people can use them again (and they are easy to transport). But if you are not concerned with that then go for it!! They will definitely be very cute!!!
            Sorry, but I'm just offering my opinion

#6 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:40 PM

I think sand pails is a great idea, but I'm not sure about getting them over there. I think it will be a hassle traveling with them,

#7 lil_miss_frogg

• 826 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:59 PM

It think it is a super cute idea, but I agree it isn't practical. Beach bags can be used over and over and over and unless you have kids the pails will just get tossed. But hey....it's your wedding, so do whatever makes you happy. Good luck with what you decide.
                My Babies
                "Love isn't about finding a perfect person,
                it's seeing an imperfect person perfectly!"

#8 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:43 AM

I guess I am not a practical girl, I love the idea! I say go for it.

#9 Jenamie

• 392 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 02:54 AM

I love that idea :)

#10 matcek

• 22 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

So far it looks like about 30 guests. We are still about a year out, so no one is really "booked" yet. I figure the pails will either get tossed or given away, but most wedding favors get tossed after the wedding anyway. The pail is only a buck and I figure its what you put IN them that counts. Plus if anyone wants to make a sand castle they will have what they need, Right?!
                      We are still throwing around ideas. One being a beach bag for the ladies (you know cause all the men like to put their junk in the bag that WE are carrying anyway haha), and the sand pail for the boys. Still open to other ideas though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users