Those who have used Suzanne Morel-

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Loni

• 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:01 AM

For those who have used Suzanne Morel in the past when did you have to pay her? She's asking for the full balance for the trial and the wedding now, even though I'll be at her shop next Monday for the trial anyway. Is this normal? It sounds kind of shady. Please let me know what to do!

#2 Loni

• 42 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Oh yeah- and they already have a deposit, so they know I'll be going through with it. Seems weird.

#3 JessicaM

• Vendor
      • 1,969 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

She took my final payment I believe 10 days prior to the wedding, so this is completely normal. Plus it was nice not have to worry about paying after she got done in the room with all of us!

#4 Alanna San Diego

Alanna San Diego
        • 23 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

I haven't used her yet, but I already put down a deposit and will pay the remaining balance 2 weeks prior to my wedding. I assume it is standard to have the entire amount paid 2 weeks prior to your wedding date. She has so many wonderful reviews so I wouldn't worry too much :-)

#5 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

My contract says to pay prior as well, but I like that because I don't have to worry about payments the day of the wedding. I know all the brides who have used her, love her work!

#6 lgarner83

• 530 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:25 PM

Us too! I believe the balance comes straight off the credit card that you paid with 15 days before the wedding day. I like it too so we can just be in and out without having to worry about $$$ amounts! The only person we are paying for that day is my daughter. She said that with young children she doesn't like to take a deposit because sometimes chidren do not cooperate and so she said that she would just book her appointment and play it by ear since she's only 4 :)

#7 cessyboston

• VIP Member
              • 2,096 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Loved her..they we/re so professional...They did an amazing job too..you will be very happy. I also paid in full 2 weeks prior it was great no worries..
                Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#8 Kelly C

Kelly C
                • 2,051 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

NO worries...That is what she does. Its nice not to have to worry about it that day. She is Candian via Miami via Cabo just a little backround on her.
                  Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#9 AlmostaSeif

• 90 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

I just booked Suzanne. She is amazing on the phone and speaks very clear English. She will be coming to the hotel. I am really excited because she will be coming a little early and will do a mani/pedi before everyone gets started with hair. My make-up artist is coming to the wedding, so I will only be using Suzanne for hair, but I don't think I will be dissapointed. I paid a $200 deposit yesterday and will need to pay the full balance 10 days before the wedding. I was worried about that, but feel better knowing that she can be trusted.

#10 abbygirl

• 57 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:04 AM

I booked with Suzanne as well! The reviews are great!!!! She does 50 - 60 weddings in the month of May!!

Yes, the balance has to be paid if full prior to your wedding day. I see it as one less thing to worry about when we are there :)

5.5 weeks until my big day!!! I am so excited!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users