Question for Ivory Dress Brides

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 faithers81

• 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:19 AM

Hi girls! I have recently bought my dress!!! I bought an ivory dress; which was not expected. Here is my question, what color should the guys wear? Originally, the guys were going to wear a tan suit with a white shirt, no tie. I do not think I can do this now. I think the tan suit and ivory dress will clash! Any suggestions?

#2 DWbride09

• 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

I don't think it will clash.
      I have an ivory dress and FH is wearing a white shirt with cream coloured pants.

#3 BlissfulMsMiranda

• 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

Same here: I have an ivory lace dress and the groom will be wearing tan/cream-colored pants with a white shirt and the BM will be wearing tan/cream pants with a turquoise shirt and my MOH is wearing a sand-colored dress with a turquoise sash ...

So I think it'll be fine to have an ivory dress and tan groomsmen attire ...

#4 mich999

• 386 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:54 AM

An ivory dress and white shirts will not clash. I also have an ivory dress with men wearing tan suits with white shirts.

#5 kiki317

• 162 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:02 AM

It'll look fine- My dress is Ivory and Fi is wearing light tan pants and a white shirt.

#6 TightyWhitey

• 181 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

I don't think it'll clash. I'm also wearing an ivory dress with FI wearing an oatmeal coloured suit.

#7 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

nope that won't clash at all - my dress is ivory - fi is wearing a gray suit though but beige looks really good

#8 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

I need more coffee. Is it that you think the tan suit itself will clash with your dress, or the white shirt underneath will clash with your dress? lol..

Doesn't matter either way. Tan and ivory actually look great together and the white shirt underneath won't be noticeable at all. You'll see it all the time around here! No worries. It's so difficult even finding ivory shirts to exactly match an ivory dress..there are so many variations with depth of color and such. Don't worry about it.

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                  http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#9 cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:27 PM

ivory is going to look almost white when you put it in the bright sun anyway, but tan with ivory will blend very nicely. you have nothing to worry about!

#10 faithers81

• 93 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Thanks girls! I thought the tan suit would clash with the ivory dress, but I guess not. That makes things much easier!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users