Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*petals*~ View Post
Found one!!! Picaboo offers a flush-mount album for DIY'ers!

Picaboo - Photo Books - Flush Mount
Oooh... I would be interested in hearing if anyone has made a flush-mount through Picaboo and how it turned out, etc ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolkitteh View Post
Hi - didn't order one yet, but it is fully designed. Just haven't gotten around to placing the order. I designed it in Fotofusion - it just needs to be proofed and uploaded. Will update once I get around to it. We are in the middle of moving, so I've been waiting to get settled in with the new address to place the order.

with fotofusion it really wasnt that hard - BRI has their own templates, but I liked the flexibility of fotofusion. If you aren't liking what your photographer did, its a great option.
Hey Lolkitteh,

I found the BRI software to be IMPOSSIBLE to figure out!! I looked on some forums and even pro photogs were complaining about how non-user-frendly it is...

So, I was thinking about using FotoFusion as well... can I ask, what version do you have...? (The middle one or the pro one...?) And were you able to do double-page spreads ...?

And, once you've designed the pages on Fotofusion, is it easy to upload them to BRI..??

Sorry - I know - SO many questions!
But I'd appreciate any help I can get :-)

Thanks!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolkitteh View Post
Hi - didn't order one yet, but it is fully designed. Just haven't gotten around to placing the order. I designed it in Fotofusion - it just needs to be proofed and uploaded. Will update once I get around to it. We are in the middle of moving, so I've been waiting to get settled in with the new address to place the order.

with fotofusion it really wasnt that hard - BRI has their own templates, but I liked the flexibility of fotofusion. If you aren't liking what your photographer did, its a great option.
Thanks so much for the response! I am checking out Foto Fusion as I type this. There video is good so far. :) I will be excited to see how yours turns out. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kits55 View Post
Thanks so much for the response! I am checking out Foto Fusion as I type this. There video is good so far. :) I will be excited to see how yours turns out. Thanks again!
Hey girl! So funny you're looking into the same thing I am :-)
Well, if we both end up using FotoFusion, maybe we can help each other out rockon.gif

Not sure if Lolkitteh checks on here very often, but if you're out there, we'd LOVE your feedback on ease up uploading finished pages to BRI, as well as what version of Fotofusion you have and whether it allows you to do double-page spreads...?

smile29.gifsmile29.gifsmile29.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Griffith View Post
You guys may want to check out Sarah Sproullie of Sproullie Designs here on the forum. She creates custom albums, monograms, invites, etc. But her albums look awesome and she can help you with the setup. She is who I plan on using.
yeah -- I might still go that route! I know she does incredible work and her prices are actually very reasonable...
But also kind of wnat to try it myself b/c I like doing that stuff...but who knows, I might just have her to it to get it done! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ladies!

Just checking in to see if anyone has designed and/or orderd their DIY flushmount from Black River Imaging or any other company..?? Would love to hear a review/feedback!

Also, found this other company that does them...couldn't find any reviews...I think maybe they are new-ish...

But I think they're based in Montreal, so may be easier for the Canadian girls? :-)

Here's the link in case anyone's interested or has a review of their services...

DreamStudio flush mount albums, coffee table digital albums. photo albums, photo books,magazine photo albums, professional photographer album

Cheers!

I too am looking for a DIY place to ge a couple of albums. If anyone has actually gotten theirs yet, I would be very curious on your thoughts.

Also, what is the cost? I have not got my pro pics back yet, but should get them soon and looking to get this ball rolling.

Thanks ahead of time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Also, what is the cost? I have not got my pro pics back yet, but should get them soon and looking to get this ball rolling.

Thanks ahead of time. :)
I think it really depends on how many pages/sides you want and whether you design it yourself or have someone else do it...
If you design it yourself and order through BRI or Picaboo, it will probably cost anywhere from $400 - $1000 (again, depending on number of pages/sides and any other options you choose, like leather cover v.s vinyl etc etc)

If you have someone else design it for you, add anywhere from $300 - $600 design fee on top of that...

Sarah Sproullie's prices are actually VERY reasonable... so if you want to go the route of having someone else design for you, she's a great option. (Plus, Blkatz just posted her review of the book she received from Sarah and it looks amazing!)