Photo

Budget Woes - Anyone else worried about this?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:41 PM

And what I thought was going to happen is defintely happening. At my work everyone is taking a 20% paycut from April to October, and we will have forced weeks off unpaid for every holiday for the rest of the year

Tell me again that its going to work out.

#12 DWbride09

DWbride09
    • 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

aww don't worry. It really will!
      Focus on the good that's happening, make some adjustments for the bad and it WILL work out in the end. It may not be easy for a while but it will work out! You still have a job!

#13 DWbride09

DWbride09
      • 171 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

#14 Sammygurlj

Sammygurlj
        • 165 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:46 AM

I'm very worried about this too, we have put it off so many times because of money so we are finally just going to go for it and hope it works out.

#15 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

Oh gosh, I totally hear ya! I have had tons of unexpected medical bills which has come out of our "nest egg" money. We should be able to pull off the wedding, but it worries me that it will pretty much eat up our savings. If we could sell our house and downsize that would be friggin' fantastic, but this darn market is relentless!

Oh, and our budget pretty much DOUBLED as time went on ~ obviously not by choice, I guess we had just underestimated. I remember the days when i thought we could do everything for under 10k, maybe 15k (including the HM and all that jazz)... *sighhhh*

Just focus on getting through it and know that things have a way of working out as they're supposed to.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#16 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
            • VIP Member
            • 4,791 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:50 PM

duplicate post

~ Jaime & Martin ~
              "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#17 natashakc

natashakc
              • 77 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Does anyone else have the issue with family & friends that think choosing the "Destination Wedding" route is the cheapest way to go? They all think that the entire wedding is included in the cost of the trip, and since the resorts are "all-inclusive" there won't be any additonal expenses. Hello! I also naively believed this when we first started planning, but WOW has the budget shot thu the roof! I think we could have done this cheaper at home! (But wouldn't want to:))
                Natasha & JoeGran Bahia Principe Bavaro, Punta CanaNovember 16th, 2009http://img.weddingco...vo5osqfalgz.png

#18 Sammygurlj

Sammygurlj
                • 165 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

I looked into doing it at home and it was 2-3 times more money, a ton more people would come, so this is the "cheap" option for us.

#19 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:43 PM

I think with the way the economy is we are a little worried about the budget. I am still in the early stages of planning but I did sit down and I came in 4,000 over what I had hoped my budget would be. I have to rethink what I do and do not need.

You will be fine!
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#20 Nisi39

Nisi39
                    • 24 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by BrideToBe2010
                      I am not getting married till 2010 and have barely started planning yet, but I know that I will feel the same way! We purchased a brand new home in November of 2007 and just moved in last August. With a new house, there is soooo much to do. We have no blinds, no deck, no fence, had to buy some new furniture to actually fill some space ... it seems never ending! I also just bought a new car on the weekend because mine died on me!! Ugh! I suppose all these things are part of real life and everyone makes it work somehow but, some days I wish I could go back to being 19 with not a worry in the world other than when my next paper was due!!!!!!
                      I hear ya! I sooo miss the days of not having a care in the world! All the things that needed to be bought were my parents problems!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users