Photo

when to give out fans?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
  • 305 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:24 PM

I am putting together OOT bags. So far I have fans, shot glasses/ votive candle holder, and photo albums. I was planning on handing them out at the welcome party. Should I save the fans and put them on the chairs for the ceremony, or should I just include them in the bag? I am afraid people will forget to bring them to the ceremony.
    http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
    [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#2 DGG

DGG
    • 275 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

I'm going to have the WC put them on the chairs at the ceremony.. if you want ppl to have them at the wedding, it's best to give them out there... otherwise, I don't think anyone will think ahead and bring them on their own..

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
      • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

Our fans were program fans, so they were on the chairs at the ceremony. People will forget to bring them so I would do the same with your fans.

#4 merocket59

merocket59
        • 937 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:41 PM

I was thinking of decorating silver pails and putting them in there and have my WC walk around with it so people can take one.

#5 ~Debra~

~Debra~
          • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

I think you should have your WC hand them out at the ceremony or have them on the seats. I'm doing fan programs and they will be on each seat.

#6 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
            • 369 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 05:36 PM

We are putting ours in each chair. Like mentioned already, I think some guests may forget their fans.

#7 H&F

H&F
              • 361 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

Are you ladies planning on giving them out to all guests or just the women? I was originally going to give them to everyone but my mom thought that men wouldn't use them (since they are kind-of girly looking). I bought the medium size palm fans. I'm curious to hear what you all are thinking!

#8 big3n09

big3n09
                • 616 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by H&F
                  Are you ladies planning on giving them out to all guests or just the women? I was originally going to give them to everyone but my mom thought that men wouldn't use them (since they are kind-of girly looking). I bought the medium size palm fans. I'm curious to hear what you all are thinking!
                  I agree with your mom or you can have a few extra incase a male would like to have one cause someone may but most probably will not. If that is the case I would have them passed out so that whomever wants one can have one. If you place them on the chairs you will likely need one for everybody and most men will not use them if they look girly.
                  4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#9 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 12,151 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:03 PM

i would make them available AT the ceremony, not in the OOT bags.

however, i'm setting mine out (one at each table setting) at the reception. it's really windy at our ceremony spot so they'll be unnecessary there, but i know people get hot & sweaty when they're dancing! i don't care if they are girly, either. it will make the table look nice, LOL. if the men aren't secure enough in their sexuality to fan themselves, then they can just sweat for all i care! LOL

#10 purrfected

purrfected
                    • 396 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

Mummer- That was hilarious!(LMAO) I agree those guys who want to cool off won't care what they look like!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users