10 Ten things I hate about grocery shopping these days…

1)Employees who complain to customers. E.g. Employee “Hi, how are you?” Customer “Good, and you?” “I’ve been better. I just started my shift and it’s a Saturday! I hate working Saturdays!” (Seriously, I hear this every freakin’ Saturday!

2)Employees who complain ABOUT customers! E.g. Employee Jane “Omg, that last customer was such a bitch! She actually made me double bag everything!” Employee Joe “I hate that!”

3)People who park their carts in the MIDDLE OF THE FREAKIN’ AISLE!! Seriously you idiot, where is your common sense. I love it even more when you go to move their cart off to the side and they just watch you to make sure you take anything from their carts!

4)People who bring their children to the grocery store (this applies to malls too!) and expect their kids to shut up and behave the entire time they’re there no matter how long it takes and how little entertainment the kids have. And then the parent just ignores the kid when he’s yelling “Mom..Mom…MOM…MOMMY...MOM!...MOMMMMMMYYYYYY!” and it goes on for ever.

5)Employees who walk away when you ask for help. Ok, seriously this happens all the time. I walk up to Employee Jane and ask for her help and she says “Oh, Employee Joe knows more about that, let me grab him for you” and no one shows up… or for the even lazier employee she might say “Ya, go check for Employee Joe in the produce section!”

6)People who rush/sprint to aisle #5 when they see you heading straight for it so they beat you into the line up… ya, that’s right B!tch, I saw you yesterday!

7)People who don’t put the separator bar thingy down on the conveyor belt after their items at check out. This might seem small, but it’s the little things that go a long way!

8.)People who pay in small coins… omg!! Go to the bank and exchange it for bills… save yourself money on belts, and save our precious time!

9)People who ask for something when they get to the front of the check out. E.g. Customer “Oh, I forgot cheddar cheese – I’ll be right back!” and then they take forever.. they come back and employee says “Those are on special for 2 for the price of one!” Customer says “Oh!!! I’ll be right back!” when customer gets back she has Employee ring up the 2-for-1 and then customer says “Oh… you know what? I actually only need one!” Oh – my – god.. SERIOUSLY, LADY?!

10)People who don’t say thank you when you hold the door for them when you leave. I always make a point to say “YOU’RE WELCOME” nice and loud!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lryates76 View Post
What do you do at your job again?? haha!!
lol Nothing... can't you tell?! I'm an office manager - aka lots of "paperwork" my onbox needs some major attention, but I have no desire to work today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lryates76 View Post
Oh and by the way, I love saying "You're Welcome" to people who know they should have said thank you.
lol - I do this ALL the time. it embarasses Paul, but the one that should be embarassed is the rude person that didn't say thank you!

The cart thing is my biggest pet peeve about shopping. I swear, it's to the point where I become enraged. I have to fight the feeling to take my own cart and plow into this middle of the aisle cart.

I also HATE when moms bring like 5 kids to the market and just let the kids run wild up and down the aisle's. I mean, I can sympathize if there's just no possible way for them to shop alone, but that's no excuse for letting your children run around the store like it's a playground.

I agree with all of those except #4. Honestly hun, one day you will have kids and you will see why that happens so often. Unfortunately, us people with screaming kids need to eat too! And if you have no one to watch your kid you have to take them with you. And trust me, it sucks for us listening to them scream and having everyone stare at us like we are bad parents, but its not that easy to keep a kid happy every second of the day.

Sorry dont want to sound all bitchy here but it just upsets me when people complain about kids crying at stores and such.

Aww Laura! I just really hate it when the parents expect their kids to behave. Ok, this is a true story... I use to work in a store in the mall and there'd be this one lady who came every single week, sometimes twice a week and she had a little girl, probably 2 years old. They both spoke Russian, her mom spoke some English her daughter none. The mom would go into the fitting room and lock her daughter out and WE ended up watching her little girl. Once the girl wandered outside of the store on a busy day and the mom totally went off on us. We were just like... ok, no - she's not our responsibility!! Anyways, I get that parents can have a tough time with children, it's the parents that IGNORE their children and don't do anything that is annoying. So they start getting loud to get attention. I like the mom's the bring a small toy, or feed them some cookies that they'll purchase to shut them up! It doesn't bother me when kids cry, it's when the parent's don't even pay attention to the kid at all from the beginning!!

Ya I agree with that. Sorry if my post sounded rude, I went bra shopping today and Rayden started screaming when I was going to pay and I got so many dirty looks. It just gets me angry! Didnt mean to take it out on your post. And Im one of those cookie feeding moms. LOL