Photo

Everything you can do with VistaPrint

• Please log in to reply
925 replies to this topic

#91 drtracy

drtracy
  • 436 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

Random VP question. I've used them a billion times (not quite as creatively as most of you) but I've never used my very own pictures before. Well DH and I have a cute picture of use with "Thank You" written in the sand from our photog. I want to make it into a postcard but VP tells me my res is too low (it is 300 PPI but the site is telling me it isn't after it is uploaded?). Has anyone used their own pictures or run across this? I don't mind just trying it and seeing what will happen if I can get the freebie post cards but I thought I'd ask the experts here first. :)

Thanks!

#92 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
    • 291 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:05 PM

OMG! What great ideas - I did our save the date magnets which I was so very very happy with.. but I didn't even know you could do your own stuff in powerpoint and upload it :)

#93 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
      • 3,103 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:09 PM

Wow this is amazing ladies! Thank you all for sharing :)

I am about to do a Vista Print order as well so this helps a lot!

#94 *kellis*

*kellis*
        • 330 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

I'm about to make our first order with VP but I'm having a hard time coming up with my own design. I've tried searching for a thread that deals with this but I've tried sorting through it all and haven't found much. So how did you all come up with your designs for std's, postcards, etc.? I've heard powerpoint and photoshop but what if I don't have either. Does anyone know where I can get something like that or is it pretty easy to just design the stuff right on VP?
          http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
          (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#95 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
          • 2,233 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by drtracy
            Random VP question. I've used them a billion times (not quite as creatively as most of you) but I've never used my very own pictures before. Well DH and I have a cute picture of use with "Thank You" written in the sand from our photog. I want to make it into a postcard but VP tells me my res is too low (it is 300 PPI but the site is telling me it isn't after it is uploaded?). Has anyone used their own pictures or run across this? I don't mind just trying it and seeing what will happen if I can get the freebie post cards but I thought I'd ask the experts here first. :)

Thanks!

I am having the same problem, I would like to know if anyone ordered when it said to low as well!
            July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#96 wemkulaf

wemkulaf
            • 190 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Yes VistaPrint is the best thing ever. I did my STD magnets and Notecards so far. Also created my luggage tags with them. Will be using them for my brochures and anything else i will need for the wedding.

#97 trulystarr

trulystarr
              • 44 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:55 PM

I love vistaprint... I will be doing my STD magnets through them... I had the image doubled side by side to print on their oversized magnet requirements and will cut them in half to save money..... Click the image to open in full size.

#98 merocket59

merocket59
                • 937 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Kt Ellis
                  I'm about to make our first order with VP but I'm having a hard time coming up with my own design. I've tried searching for a thread that deals with this but I've tried sorting through it all and haven't found much. So how did you all come up with your designs for std's, postcards, etc.? I've heard powerpoint and photoshop but what if I don't have either. Does anyone know where I can get something like that or is it pretty easy to just design the stuff right on VP?
                  It is easier, and cheaper to use VP designs, if you don't like exactly what they have go to their add imageg option then search their image library for something you like, for example you can use a starfish they have on their site then use it for all of your stuff. I made different things but used the cruise ship for a lot of my stuff.

#99 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                  • 3,103 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:43 PM

If you do a Google search for images and use those images choose that it search for large images only. That way you will have better resolution. My FI just taught me this over the weekend and it worked and the postcards I'm designing look great!

#100 mitzy7

mitzy7
                    • 61 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:53 PM

I love the idea of creating postcards to put in the OOT bags for guests to send back. I have created the design, but I am wondering from someone who has already ordered their postcards from Vistaprint, is it better to go with the standard or oversize size?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users