Photo

What does the ring bearer do with the rings... ?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Ayita

Ayita
  • 861 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

I was wondering if if was holding on to them during the whole ceremony until the rings moment ; or if he was carrying them down the aisle, placing them on the table and leave then there ?

#2 Ayita

Ayita
    • 861 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:21 PM

Errr.... I know it's a silly question but would anyone know ?

Thanks !

#3 Jen_S

Jen_S
      • 3,737 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

I would not give the RB the real rings I have heard stories of them loosing them. We gave our RB fake ones and the time we were going to exchange the rings the BM gave the real ones to the minister and we asked the RB for the fake ones so he thought he had the real ones.
        Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#4 SSNM

SSNM
        • 675 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

How is this normally done? I was wondeirng about that because my ring bearers are, like, 3 and 6 years old and I know it is the BM and the MOH who typically hold on to them. So what, really, is the RB's role?

#5 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

Yep, we had fake rings for my nephews and the BM had the real deals in his pocket.

#6 SSNM

SSNM
            • 675 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

Interesting...I never knew that!

Thanks guys :)

#7 Jamaica0619

Jamaica0619
              • 475 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:32 PM

I forgot to bring "fake" rings with us. Plus my DH did not see the big deal of giving our RB (5 years old) our bands (BTW - they were custom rings and not inexpensive). I thought he had lost it. But, it worked out. He used slip knots to tie the rings to the pillow. I even flipped the pillow upside down and they did not go anywhere as long as the RB did not pull the ribbon - which we told him not to. The BM then removed the rings from the pillow once the RB reached the ceremony location.
                Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. ~ Albert Camas

#8 Ayita

Ayita
                • 861 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 11:23 PM

My RB was of course much more interested in the sand than in the rings. In the end, his mother carried the rings along the aisle (she actually had to stay with him or he would not have come down at all ), and my parents held on to the ring-sombrero until time came... then they called my RB (he was somewhere playing), and there he came, picked up the sombrero, and gave it to me very nicely.

That was cute :) and nothing got lost.

#9 zethers

zethers
                  • 135 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:38 PM

We had our 1 1/2 year old and 6 year old nephew carry them through the beach!! We didn't think about using fake rings, that propably would have been a good idea, haha, too late, but we did think ahead and had them tied down in case they tripped with them.

I bought a large clam, hot glued a starfish to the clam, and then glued a ribbon to the starfish and knotted the rings around the ribbon. It was really cute, and appropriate for a beach wedding.

Ayita-A sombrero!! How cute!! Never thought of that one.

#10 Ayita

Ayita
                    • 861 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:35 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zethers
                      We had our 1 1/2 year old and 6 year old nephew carry them through the beach!! We didn't think about using fake rings, that propably would have been a good idea, haha, too late, but we did think ahead and had them tied down in case they tripped with them.

I bought a large clam, hot glued a starfish to the clam, and then glued a ribbon to the starfish and knotted the rings around the ribbon. It was really cute, and appropriate for a beach wedding.

Ayita-A sombrero!! How cute!! Never thought of that one.
                      I used one of these mini-sombreros that you can buy for nothing in the streets of Playa, or 5$ online in most party stores, and sowed some additional wired ribbon to it. We tied the rings very tight !!! And had planned for scissors to cut the ribbons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users