Which Island for my Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsBane

• 32 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:05 PM

So, I am completely clueless about having a wedding in Hawaii and that is the location we choose!

So I need all the advice and help I can get, about all the islands!

Why did you choose the island you did, why?

Thanks for all the help!
    Dreams Do Come True
    Brandon and Heather
    May 21st or 28th, 2011

#2 Stephanie Williams

Stephanie Williams
    • 17 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

It depends what kind of vibe and location you're going for because each island is a bit different - for instance, the big island is huge with lots of volcanic rock - oahu is more populated, honolulu is a big city with lots of stuff to do and more turisty - maui and kaui are more tropical and laid back, etc. They are all awesome, but you have to decide what you want in the location

#3 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:19 AM

Have you read up on any material which would help you in selecting a DW. I would highly recommend doing so and also reading up on which island would best sui your vision for your big day so that you are not disappointed. Best of luck to you!

#4 sdnative222

• 136 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:03 PM

I originally planned for the Big Island. However, after some research I moved my wedding to Maui. I really liked some of the tools I found in the knot's destination wedding book. I borrowed it from the library and copied some of the checklists.

I changed my island choice because 1)my FH is a surfer and I needed to accomodate surfboard shipping charges in my budget 2)more airline and flight options to Maui3)I utilized my timeshare and had access to more property options than on the Big Island

Good luck planning.
          Jocelynn and Shawn
          Got Maui'd on November 8,2008

#5 FutureMrsSharpe

• 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

We're doing our wedding in Kauai, so I'm a little partial to that island :). Neither of us has ever been there, but our family and friends have and they loved it! From what I researched Kauai seems to be more laid back with more of a tropical feel. There is a website that you should check out that tells alot about each of the islands. I thinks its Hawaii's Official Tourism Site -- Travel info for your Hawaii vacation. You can also check out the price differences on websites like Frommer's Travel Guides: The Best Trips Start Here!. Hope this helps. Happy planning!

#6 soon2bemsleblanc

• 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:12 PM

I'm from Oahu but I would have to say Maui woud be the best choice. Its more scenic and less populated. There are some great resorts there!!

~Mr. and Mrs. and 18 Guests Booked~

#7 *Jen* OPPRN

*Jen* OPPRN
              • 56 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

I am so undecided for which island to get married at too - I have found Maui a little more expensive - but there are so many chamring aspects of it - Oahu has lots to do but I do not want to stay in Waikiki proper because it is so crowded - no nice private areas - guhhh so much to decide :S
                January 31st, 2011Marrying the Love of My Lifehttp://i83.photobuck....m/meandbob.jpg

#8 Married_In_Maui

• 929 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 01:08 PM

I have been to Maui, Kauai & the Big Island & my personal favorite is Maui. It's absolutely beautiful & I have to agree that it has a very laid back, tropical feel. Kauai is beautiful as well, I just felt like there was more to do on Maui. The beaches are, IMO, much more suitable for swimming on Maui. I do not have any interest in visiting the Big Island again, just wasn't for me. I would recommend Maui if you want plenty to do & beautiful beaches, or my second choice would be Kauai. I don't think you could go wrong with either of those. Good luck & I hope you have your dream wedding!!!!

#9 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

I would go with Maui, Kauai, or North Shore of Oahu

Maui and Kauai are beautiful - I feel like there is more to do in Maui

And FI and I were considering Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore of Oahu because we stayed there a couple years ago and fell in love with it

#10 Mauiel

• 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Maui is magical. Pristine beaches, rain forests and any activity you can imagine.
                      There are private estates as well as the resorts and public beaches.
                      Whatever your heart desire, you can find it here!
                      Sunsets, Peace and Aloha from Maui,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users