PV Scouting Trip

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SoontobeMrsP

SoontobeMrsP
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Hi everyone!

I’m new to BDW but I see a lot of great information here already! My FI and I plan to get married spring 2010 in PV. We plan to go down this April to scout locations, potential rehearsal dinner locations, etc. Based on our internet research, we are leaning towards a wedding at Villa Premiere (99% of our guests will be adults and those with kids can stay at Buenaventura). Has anyone stayed at these hotels before? We plan to stay there when we go in April. I’ve already been in contact with Alberto Rodriguez; he has been great on email. I definitely want to make this a working trip and hit as many places as possible to figure out wedding plans.

What other wedding locations should I be looking at? (Some background info: We’ve some family & friends and most are not willing to pay for AI since they will only be there 3 nights. We want to have our wedding & reception at the hotel so our guests do not “get in trouble” walking/getting a cab from the reception site to the hotel and are able to come and go as they please.)

What restaurants/bars should we be looking at for rehearsal dinner or sponsored cocktail hour?

Thanks in advance. I definitely appreciate any information you can provide.

#2 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,490 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

hmm the first thing that comes to my mind is Playa Fiesta...have you looked into that hotel? it is smaller and if you have enough guests you basically can rent the whole hotel (or so i have heard )

I know there are a few brides around here who are getting married there...I am sure they will give you more details than I can....

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t36534

#3 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Look into the marriot. It is nice, not AI.

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:23 PM

Playa Fiesta is definitely amazing if you can afford the room block...

Oh and the Mayan in the Marina area has a great set-up for weddings. You'd probably want to get an outside wedding coordination to help you though. Prisar works well with that hotel

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users