Anyone NOT making welcome bags??

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 skadow

skadow
  • Banned
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:43 PM

We are going to do OOT bags but I think I am going to buy the bags ahead of time, but then go to the Walmart in Play Da Carman once I get down there and load them up with room snacks and other use things. This way I dont have to load up my suitcase.

#52 bizzyangel

bizzyangel
    • 193 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

I am pretty sure I am going to make some! I like the thought of having a swag bag of sorts and I like doing little things like this. 

#53 ambularose

ambularose
      • 167 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:49 PM

I don't plan on making them. Not important to me... If I do they will be small and real quickly put together..

#54 rkingtx

rkingtx
        • 82 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 01:16 PM

I wasn't going to make them at first but then thought about making an inexpensive one. Just first aid kits, aloe vera, some sea shell books marks I found a $1, snack stuff from Sam's and a small hangover bag.

#55 Josie1073

Josie1073
          • Banned
          • 103 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:49 AM

I went to a DW last year, and received an OOT bag.  More than half the stuff in the bag never got used.  It was a nice gesture though.  There are only 6 of us in total going to Jamaica, so my FI and I are planning and paying for an excursion off the resort as a thank you to the 4 guests - I think a cruise to Rick's Cafe.  Plus, the BM and MOH will receive nice gifts at our going away dinner.

#56 magirl

magirl
            • 198 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:44 PM

I would like to do them but not sure how many guest we will have and it seems like a lot of stuff to bring with all the luggage restrictions and customs,it seems like a headache!

#57 JYD1

JYD1
              • Banned
              • 62 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

I love all the ideas that I see for welcome bags and OOT bags but I'm not doing it for my wedding. We have between 40-60 guests coming and we decided to sponsor a group trip as a thank you for coming. Plus it's less stuff to carry and pack - for you and your guests. 

#58 jessie1234

jessie1234
                • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

we are just getting mugs made

and im ever worried about getting them there!

#59 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
                  • 328 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

I'm opting out of this idea too. Phew! Thank God for this thread. I was starting to feel like a naughty bride. What my FI and I came up with yesterday is to make our favors. We're going to buy mini blank/bare books and put in pictures and quotes about love. Some of the quotes will be in our wedding vows, but our guests won't realize it until afterwards. Thought it would be a personal way of sharing our moment beyond the day. Also, we'll put inscriptions in each book for each of our guests with a personal note thanking them for witnessing our joy. I'm really excited about this project!

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
                    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users