Photo

Anyone NOT making welcome bags??

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 ~Debra~

~Debra~
  • 500 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

I'm not doing full OOT bags because I just don't have it in my budget. I'm providing travel mugs, a Welcome Letter, and a couple other small things like mini sunblock and maybe a travel candle but that's it.

#22 chloe55

chloe55
    • 162 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

We're doing travel mugs and a welcome letter. In the letter it will say that if they forgot or need anything like chapstick, tylenol, antacid, bandaids, suncreen, aloe, etc., we have a lot and would be happy to provide them with whatever they need. Then, we'll just bring full size bottles of the pills and a few different kinds of sunscreen, etc. and keep them in our room. We didn't want to go through the expense and hassle of hauling a bunch of things that are really cute and thoughtful, but most likely would not get used by everyone. We are spending a good amount on favors instead though.

#23 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 05:54 PM

I think I'm just doing travel mugs and maybe a snackbag for the plane since all my guests are going on the same plane. Like some of you mentioned, time is cutting short and so I may not have the time to do them and my budget is getting tighter and tighter.

#24 Deavah

Deavah
        • 37 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:19 PM

I wasn't going to make them, but make reservations & gather everyone for a welcome breakfast instead. I'll be going with wedding favors.

#25 Sloan

Sloan
          • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

We're not doing welcome anything. There's only 11 of us and all are family or close friends. FI and I are flipping the bill for limo transportation to and from Pearson International for our guests. That's it!

#26 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
            • 342 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

Thanks for everyone!!! I think I may wait a little until I find out how many guests will actually go. If it's not too many than I will try and do something.
              ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#27 AlmostaSeif

AlmostaSeif
              • 90 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 04:52 PM

We aren't doing them. I had planned on it, but then FI said NO WAY! I didn't even know about them before I found this site! I will do a welcome letter, but that is it right about now. We are also paying for most of our guests to travel and for their hotel room (this is why FI said no way), we are already doing so much!

#28 Sheree10

Sheree10
                • 1,026 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:37 PM

It sounds like a nice idea but I'm not sure if it's worth it for us. I would prefer to put the $$ towards nice favors or the Welcome Reception/Brunch.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#29 sweetie_bri

sweetie_bri
                  • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:05 PM

I don't think I will make them for the same reasons as stated by other brides - not enough time, not sure who is coming till the last minute, and not necessarily in the budget. But I am curious - if I were to make them up (and if I had room in my bags since I overpack), what would I even include in them?

#30 sweetie_bri

sweetie_bri
                    • 23 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

Oh I really like the idea of travel mugs - come in super handy at the all inclusive to not have to refill the drinks so often. Nice idea with the extra meds and sunblock too - I'm definitely going to keep that in mind! Thanks chloe!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users