22 replies to this topic

#11 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

jim hjelm for sure

#12 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

Oooh Kelly, this is a GORGEOUS dress! I actually had it bookmarked on my computer at home! Glad they found the designer for ya, it's so gorgeous... try to take pictures when you try it on! :)
      Happily Married since May 9, 2008
      Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#13 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:12 AM

My friend who got married last month at Playa had this dress made by the same guy who's making mine.. I think he charged about 1,500 dlls for it.. it looked exactly like the original

#14 BayBug

• 852 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:03 PM

That dress was one of my first choices when I first got engaged. I loved that dress, but then found one that looked better on me. :)

#15 boscobel

• VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:18 PM

Glad you found the designer is Jim Hjelm. I have looked all over in the PA area for this dress and was unable to find one in a store. It was my original #1, but since I can't find it anywhere, I've moved on [sigh]. Good luck!

#16 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:19 PM

ahhh - you're getting a replica made - great way to save $$!

#17 KellyandMatt08

• 490 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:26 PM

I found a bridal shop that still has this dress!! I'm going tonight to try it on!!

#18 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

wow, Kelly that dress is gorgeous!!!!! Make sure to take pics when you find it!!!
                  Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#19 SusanK

• VIP Member
                  • 2,685 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

Take pics!
                    Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#20 laura b

laura b
                    • 334 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

I love that dress, and I actually considered buying one from the exact eBay vendor you're looking at. Let me put in a word of advice, though.
                      I bought a dress from a dressmaker on eBay, a copy of a Divina Sposa, and while the dressmaker made it pretty true to the original, the material was not what I would want in a dress and the fit just wasn't great (even though I sent measurements from a seamstress). Instead, I would urge you to take it to a local seamstress you trust or someone you know trusts, and have her copy it with the exact materials and colors you pick out.
                      I only say this because I've just gone through it, and as a consequence, ended up spending wayyy too much on a second wedding dress (because I was trying to cut corners in the first place).
                      If I were going to go the eBay route again (which I am banned from by my mother from even LOOKING at dresses), I would buy one from a place like this eBay Store - Couture Bridal Gallery: Bridal Gowns HOT DEALS where they sell the actual designer's dress (not this year's styles, though) for on the cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users