Photo

makeup artist

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 inunez

inunez
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

does anyone know of a reliable, experienced and good makeup artist in Jamaica? perferably in the Negril area. i need one for my August wedding. i honestly don't trust the resorts makeup option. i'd ratehr have someone else come to me.

any suggestions and contacts are much appreciated!

#2 FutureMRS.

FutureMRS.
    • 67 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

I was just thinking about the same thing earlier today. I hope someone responds to this because I really didn't find anything on the internet when I was searching. But I definitely am not confident in the resorts makeup person... Sorry I couldn't answer you.

#3 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:11 PM

A girl I went to college with hired this professional makeup artist for her wedding in Jamaica.

I haven't checked her rates but she does makeup for models & performers:
        http://www.facebook....39177547&ref=ts
        MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/53221707

#4 GregsBride

GregsBride
        • 333 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

I have heard of two different people in Negril that do makeup. There is a lady named Queen Bee that was referred to me by a BDW bride and she was pretty pleased with her services. Here is the link to her site:

Queen Been Salon

I don't have a name for the other makeup artist, but here it that website also.

Services

I hope this helps!!

Christina
          ~Christina

#5 FutureMRS.

FutureMRS.
          • 67 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:36 AM

Wow...I just checked out the link from petals, to the facebook page of Loni Jones Makeup, and her work looks awesome...I think I'll check her out and see what the prices are like. Thanks for the suggestions! Now, if I can only figure out what to do about hair...I'm sooooooo finicky about who does my hair.

#6 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
            • 319 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
              A girl I went to college with hired this professional makeup artist for her wedding in Jamaica.

I haven't checked her rates but she does makeup for models & performers:
              LONI JONES MAKEUP | Facebook
              MySpace.com - www.myspace.com/53221707
              I'm trying to figure out her prices? Also would I have to pay for a day pass for her to come to the resort?m Please can someone answer these questions for me

#7 FutureMRS.

FutureMRS.
              • 67 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:41 PM

I'm sure you would probably have to pay for a day pass for her to come to the resort...I just emailed her earlier and asked her for pricing. I'll post some info when she gets back to me.

#8 inunez

inunez
                • 172 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 01:30 AM

i emailed her too, but have not heatd back yet. he work is amazing!! i emailed jamaicas queen bee and she said if you want airbrush makeup its $70. if you want regular its $45. i havent seen any picyures of her work though.

#9 Soon2beWed09

Soon2beWed09
                  • 319 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 06:37 AM

I emailed her and she said 150 usd. Didn't back to me on the day pass question yet, isn't it worth it to pay 150 then pay-100 for day pay that's 250 for make up her work is good but o think ill pass. Let me knw if she gets back to anyone else

#10 ~Debra~

~Debra~
                    • 500 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 10:15 AM

I am using Sadeki of Chic-Events. her prices are reasonable. She was recommended by someone on this site also. She charges a very small fee to travel to Ocho Rios. I'm staying at the RIU and she will be doing our hair and makeup. I'm not a huge makeup person. I want a very natural look. Nekeisha, Chandlyn's assistant told me that the day pass is 80 or 85 dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users