Photo

Should I do a sweetheart Neck?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:29 PM

Okay ladies so I've seen so many brides with sweetheart necklines, which I love, but my dress did not come with one so I want to know if you think my dress will look good if I have my seamstress change it into a sweetheart cut?

Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

#2 *Kerin28*

*Kerin28*
    • 202 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:34 PM

I think its really pretty how it is.. I would ask your seamstress her opinion because she will know best if it would look good... either way your dress looks fabulous on you!!

#3 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

Ohh I love this question Michelle! I have been wondering the same thing on my gown.

I have different issues tho:
        #1 my boob are humongo and when they are covered it makes me have no neck ( I call it no neck syndrome) so a little dip, not even a full sweetheart makes a little more space.

#2 Also I am a little wide so I think it helps to break up that straight line.

** you do not have either of these issues and look 100% AMAZING, and your dress is beautiful btw.

#4 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,490 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

I am biased because I am having my straight neckline (almost identical to yours) changed into a sweetheart! I love the sweetheart neckline so i am paying for the alterations to get it changed! I am picking mine up completed next saturday so i will be sure to post pics!

I would say just check with the seamstress before to make sure they can do it correctly!

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Erika J
          Ohh I love this question Michelle! I have been wondering the same thing on my gown.

I have different issues tho:
          #1 my boob are humongo and when they are covered it makes me have no neck ( I call it no neck syndrome) so a little dip, not even a full sweetheart makes a little more space.

#2 Also I am a little wide so I think it helps to break up that straight line.

** you do not have either of these issues and look 100% AMAZING, and your dress is beautiful btw.
          Erika, let me know when you are ready to get your dress altered...I found a GREAT wedding seamstress in Arvada...so far she has been amazing! all she does are wedding dresses and her prices are reasonable too!

#5 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,569 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

Ohh, thanks Andi!

#6 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

I say go for the sweetheart! I am bias as well b/c my neckline is sweetheart but I think its just so much more flattering and feminine! It does look pretty as is though, thats just my two cents :)

#7 binzer

binzer
              • 230 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:39 PM

I would definitely go sweetheart! In my head it looks more flattering :)

#8 sofylina

sofylina
                • 113 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:26 PM

sweetheart, sexy and flattering :)
                  50 guests joined us for our cruise wedding in Grand Cayman! Simply perfect!

#9 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                  • 2,777 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 07:29 PM

Mine is sweetheart so I'm a bit biased. But, sweetheart is actually best for brides with a large bust. If you have a smaller bust, the sweetheart will only make you look smaller. If you are full-figured a sweetheart is great cause you want more detail on top than on bottom so you don't look so "full"

Personally though, I think your dress already has soooo much goingon that a sweetheart would only take away from it. Sweethearts are better for a more simple dress, or a dress w/ a more simple top.

#10 Scarletina

Scarletina
                    • 85 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:52 AM

This is a funny question for me! I actually bought a dress - Enzoani Bulgaria - that has a sweetheart neck and I almost changed it to a straight! I felt a little exposed with the sweetheart neck because I am very large busted. In the end I have decided to keep mine as is and use the alteration money to make the skirt a bit more and flare. If you are wide chested I have heard it does a lot to split the lines. Maybe you could just do alike a modified sweetheart if you are unsure of it looking good.
                      37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

CHECK OUT MY WEDDING WEBSITE:

WWW.WEDDINGAWEIGH.COM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users