Wedding in Cabo - Budget questions

Angela, thanks so much for your feedback! I just saw that the Mariachi cost is $750 (eep!).

The water cooler bottles I had on the spreadsheet are those sports bottles for beverages or to take to the pool with them. We were considering getting those customized as well. I haven't gotten specific prices for those or the koozies yet but plan on researching that soon. Ah, Immodium, thank you! I was forgetting that.

Now I thought the set up for the ceremony was included if you booked a certain amount of rooms and a certain amount of nights, or maybe part of the wedding package price?

This is so consuming but in a really good way (most of the time smile41.gif ). I'm almost feeling like this is a new (temporary) hobby to stimulate me. Fun stuff!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clussy75 View Post

Now I thought the set up for the ceremony was included if you booked a certain amount of rooms and a certain amount of nights, or maybe part of the wedding package price?

Hmmm. I'm not sure about that? We didn't do a room block but are staying a week and are going with the "complimentary package" just adding on as we go.
Do you have your wedding date set yet? I know when I booked in February most Saturdays were gone. (we're getting married on a Sunday). Who did you pick for your photographer?

Actually, we were about to go with Gilda Badillo for photography but are considering Marianno Lemmus (we have to comb through his galleries this weekend to see what his style is).

Yep, we booked November 11th for our wedding and just need to book the room to get a confirmation but we're basically set. We haven't decided yet if we're doing the complimentary package and upgrading or if we're going to up it to the middle one. We're most likely going to have between 45-55 guests (am starting to think even more and now am kicking myself for inviting so many and limiting the budget on what we really want to spend... selfish bride moment?) so any way to save money at this point, I have to figure out. Luckily Sean (my fiance) is being wonderful w/the budget and insists that as long as we're both happy and it goes down as one of the most pleasantly memorable days of our lives, the rests is small stuff. The bottom line ain't so small though. :-)

I just realized you're having your wedding there at Dreams the month before ours. How's your budget looking? Have you posted it maybe and I didnt' realize it? Who are you guys going with on Photography? Seems like Juan Carlos Tapia is the most popular photographer on this forum. I contacted him but never heard back so I assumed he wasn't available.

Quote:
We're having our wedding at Dreams in November of this year and the budget (including our travel) is supposed to be 10K or under so we have to see where we can shave some costs. Luckily my Mom's paying for half of the photographer's cost and the wedding dress so that's less for us to worry about on bottom line. Most of this spreadsheet is based on approximations so it's still a bit loose on the tuning. It really really does add up and I'm starting to worry myself a bit. Time to see where I can simplify.smile43.gif
Hello Clussy75 (Sorry.....what is your name?)

Welcome!!!

I had a quick question for you. I noticed that you had $200 budgeted for speakers and the IPOD connection. Where did you come up with that cost? I asked Maye about renting speakers for my IPOD and she quoted me $225/hour. Please tell me you have a better way!!!

Oh yeah, does that include a mic?

Thanks,

Amber

Hi Amber,

Actually, that was a very rough assumption. Man, that's not cheap, just for some equipment and per hour? Hmmm... I'll have to get in touch with Yesica and confirm what their price actually is. So much for shaving the cost down. I'll get more price confirmations and post them. smile27.gif

On the bright side... It's Friday afternoon and about time for happy hour! Salud!

Have a good weekend (though I know I'll be on this board some this weekend),

Claudia

Quote:
Hi Amber,

Actually, that was a very rough assumption. Man, that's not cheap, just for some equipment and per hour? Hmmm... I'll have to get in touch with Yesica and confirm what their price actually is. So much for shaving the cost down. I'll get more price confirmations and post them. smile27.gif

On the bright side... It's Friday afternoon and about time for happy hour! Salud!

Have a good weekend (though I know I'll be on this board some this weekend),
Claudia
You have a good weekend Claudia! Let me know what Yessica says....who knows maybe she can work something out!

~Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese_diva View Post
I see for your excel sheet you don't have money for flowers and a bunch of items yet. Just a few notes.
The wiring at Dreams for the lanterns is $180.
The ceremony setup is separate from the reception (unless they are at the same location).
I paid $44 just in immodium/tylenol for the small packets.
I think the Mariachi has a 2 hr minium.
If you have koozies printed, there's usually a screen setup charge.

What's the water cooler bottle for bar that you have listed? The water at Dreams is included. That's one thing we loved when visiting.. we had a drink and a water every time so we weren't dehydrated.

You can totally do this.. I worked with other girls budget numbers to come up with my budget, then decided what I had to have and what I could live without.

It's easy to go crazy here. We didn't count our stay so that made the budgeting that much easier. :)
Would one of you be able to email me your budget (I do not have enough points to open up your attachments)? I'm so bummed...my FI and I made a scouting trip last month and did not visit Dreams because they did not have any Saturday dates available. I'm open to other days so we're looking into it, again, as it seems to be the most cost effective way to get the most bang for our buck. We LOVE Sunset da Mona Lisa but are attempting to stick within a $25k budget for 50 people and it looks like it may not be possible at the Sunset.

I just sent you an em, but type "budget" in the search field at top of forum.. lots of info from several brides... some are copy and pasted generals, but keep in mind, prices in '06 can vary allot from current prices. I found that out even from the brides at the end of '06 when I started planning in early '07.

Thanks for all the feedback. I feel like my head is spinning. Oh well.

We updated our wedding website a little bit this weekend and plan to add more details thank to you all. We even found a design that reminds us of our trip to cabo.