Photo

Staying together the night before wedding?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#81 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:13 AM

HAHA!  He gets up about 20 minutes before me every morning and the first thing I do is sprawl out!!  Can't wait till we upgrade to a king bed when we start having kids!! LOL

Originally Posted by Sharon99 

Aww I think that's so sweet your FI wants to be separate. 3 nights = good nights sleep, sprawled out sideways on the bed!! LOL

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#82 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
    • 328 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:04 AM

We're staying apart. We don't live together, so it's not a big deal to be separated.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
      Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#83 lesee

lesee
      • 320 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:41 AM

CUUUUUUUUTE

I think my FI will stay with his BM the night before the wedding. Our ceremony isn't until 5pm but I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing him at some point before that

Originally Posted by BeachBridein11 

I was shocked on this, but my fiance doesn't want us to stay together in Jamaica until we get married!!  That's 3 nights by myself!  I'm just hoping I can get friends to rotate nights staying with me! LOL

We've been together 5 years, over 2 years living together.  I like the idea, I just hope I can convince people to stay with me!

#84 soon2bmrspierce

soon2bmrspierce
        • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:14 AM

Not sure what we are gong to do.The hotel offers the groom a free room the night before wedding based on availability.I like the idea of not staying the night before together.We've lived togther for almost 3 years now though so I don't know how good of a sleep I'd get with him not there.I'll have to think more about this and talk to him about it.

#85 bridey

bridey
          • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 08:54 AM

we stayed together because it was just the two of us with one room booked at the hotel. I couldn't let him sleep in the lobby lol........

#86 MDLady

MDLady
            • 433 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by soon2bmrspierce 

Not sure what we are gong to do.The hotel offers the groom a free room the night before wedding based on availability.I like the idea of not staying the night before together.We've lived togther for almost 3 years now though so I don't know how good of a sleep I'd get with him not there.I'll have to think more about this and talk to him about it.

That's a very good deal that the hotel gives you an extra room.  How nice.  If that was the case for us, we probably would have stayed separately.  We stayed together but I kicked him out first thing in the morning to start getting my bridesmaids/MOH/mothers/flower girls in order.  But if they are giving him a room for free, might as well take advantage of it and enjoy the big bed to yourself ;)

#87 tross84

tross84
              • Banned
              • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

I didn't even think of this issue...my FI and I currently live together but perhaps not staying with each other the night of will heighten the anticipation.  Something to think about. 

Thanks!

#88 Dellnia

Dellnia
                • 39 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:31 PM

We live in separate homes and always knew that the night before we were not going to stay together. I think it will be more exciting to do so after the wedding.

#89 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
                  • 447 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 03:36 PM

I have always thought this would be a fun tradition to incorporate for our big AHR. But it will be hard since we will all be working together to decorate it on the morning of.

#90 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
                    • 210 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:55 AM

I'm traditional about this one.  Also, our resort provides the groom with a room the night before so it works out great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users