Photo

Staying together the night before wedding?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#71 skp1

skp1
  • 405 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:08 PM

I just found out the reason behind this tradition - its so you don't get into a fight with your fiance and want to call off the wedding. 

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#72 ckntb

ckntb
    • 122 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:04 PM

I think we'll probably stay together and go our separate ways after the morning.  The ceremony isn't until the afternoon so I'm sure we'll see eachother throughout the day.  We've been together for almost 6 years and lived together most of that time so can't imagine not having him there!

#73 Sharon99

Sharon99
      • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

I am in the same boat. We will probably stay together as well & just leave each other in the morning I don't think we will be getting into any fights!!!

Originally Posted by ckntb 

I think we'll probably stay together and go our separate ways after the morning.  The ceremony isn't until the afternoon so I'm sure we'll see eachother throughout the day.  We've been together for almost 6 years and lived together most of that time so can't imagine not having him there!

#74 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
        • 718 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

For some reason, there are still couples who remains separated before the wedding. May be it's because of the traditional or just to make the very day exciting as it can be. But everybody has it's own preference. 

#75 zelda062

zelda062
          • 162 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

We are staying together the night before and then go our separate ways in the morning.  We are going to try not to see each other after that, but we are all staying at the same resort, so that might be tough.

Iberostar Tucan Resort, May 3, 2011

#76 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
            • 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

So far the plan is to stay together the night before, separate in the morning and then go to breakfast with our parents.  I think he's getting ready in his brother's room and I'll get ready with my girls in ours.

#77 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

I was shocked on this, but my fiance doesn't want us to stay together in Jamaica until we get married!!  That's 3 nights by myself!  I'm just hoping I can get friends to rotate nights staying with me! LOL

We've been together 5 years, over 2 years living together.  I like the idea, I just hope I can convince people to stay with me!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#78 Sharon99

Sharon99
                • 1,301 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:16 PM

Aww I think that's so sweet your FI wants to be separate. 3 nights = good nights sleep, sprawled out sideways on the bed!! LOL

#79 Ali12

Ali12
                  • 216 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 02:33 PM

We are probably going to stay together, we have been together 8 years, 9 years when we get married. We will just seperate ways in the morning! 

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort - April 18th 2012

#80 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
                    • 222 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:59 PM

We'll be sleeping in separate rooms... :) just think it adds to the excitement leading up to the first gaze walking down the aisle

11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users