Photo

Staying together the night before wedding?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#11 britsytoll

britsytoll
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:23 PM

I guess I never really thought about because I just assumed we would stay apart. Tammy, I really loved what you guys did in the morning. That sounds amazing. However, my FI really wants to play golf the day of the wedding...HA! I know where I stand..hehe! Anyway, I think we'll stay apart only because I want to feel that excitment of not seeing him all day and the first time we meet eyes is when I walk down the aisle. Plus, all my girls wanted to have a little slumber party in one of their rooms.
    http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#12 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

I totally agree it depends on the couple. We are staying apart, I am staying with all the girls. It reall isn't my first choice, I would rather stay together, but FI is so traditional he does not want us to see each other at all on the wedding day so our first time will be when I am walking down the aisle.

#13 kiki317

kiki317
      • 162 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:44 PM

Hanna- i feel exactly the same way- i feel like i will be so nervous and not sleep if he's not with me. We plan on having room service delivered for breaksfast then having a couples masseage then saying goodbye until the ceremony (it starts at 5- so we'll miss each other anough by then)

good luck deciding!! :)

#14 krysiafosz

krysiafosz
        • 50 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:48 PM

We've been together for almost 4 years, have lived together for at least 2 years. We will be in Mexico 4 nights before the wedding and are staying in separate rooms until the wedding night. Like someone else has said, it is more to buil up the anticipation and to go with tradition. This was my choise though, no one gave me their opinions that we should or shouldn't do it that way.

Good luck!

#15 Amarillis

Amarillis
          • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:04 PM

We stayed apart... DH really wanted it that way - I stayed with my brother, DH went out with his friends for his 30th birthday celebration. The next morning I had breakfast with my girls, and we went on with our day. I think it is completely your choice... It was actually really fun hanging with my brother for the night.

#16 big3n09

big3n09
            • 616 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

You guys have to definately do what make you feel best, no point in being stressed out about something like that, especially if it's because what others suggest. Discuss it with FI and see how he feels.
              4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#17 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
              • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

hmmm after reading all this I have no idea?! I figured we would stay apart but I also like the idea of staying together and enjoying our morning together before parting ways.. oh boy. Decisions Decisions!

#18 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                • 5,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:36 PM

hmmm after reading all this I have no idea?! I figured we would stay apart but I also like the idea of staying together and enjoying our morning together before parting ways.. oh boy. Decisions Decisions!

#19 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

We are doing what most of u guys seem to be doing - staying together the night of and kissing goodbye at breakfast and not seeing each other till the ceremony

I think it should totally be up to the couple!!

#20 hanna

hanna
                    • 223 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

Thank you guys so much for your opinions. It is so hard when it gets to these details... I felt pretty good about staying the night together then parting ways after breakfast, but it can be so hard when you have people in the wedding party tell you otherwise... It is always so reassuring to hear all of your opinions. I see it both ways, so I guess whatever is best for the couple individually. I appreciate your support :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users