Photo

Staying together the night before wedding?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#91 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
  • 447 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

I'm traditional about this one.  Also, our resort provides the groom with a room the night before so it works out great!

I love that the resort provides that!

#92 Dellnia

Dellnia
    • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

That is sweet NikkiT. It would be nice if all resorts did that. LOL

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 View Post

I'm traditional about this one.  Also, our resort provides the groom with a room the night before so it works out great!

#93 mandys

mandys
      • 181 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:49 PM

Were going to sleep apart. Its just going to make seeing each other at the "alter" that much more special. Like seeing eachother for the first time :) Do whatever makes you happy though.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
        April 2012

#94 JayKay

JayKay
        • 3,472 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
        • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
        • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

At first when I mentioned this to my FI he said we will just stay together the night before, but then I explained to himI would rather not see him until I walk down the aisle to make it that much more special!

#95 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
        • 237 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

That is fantastic that you have that option!  I hadn't even thought about where we would sleep the night before.  We have plenty of time to figure it out, but one more thing to add to the list to think about.  This list seems to get longer by the minute... :)

Originally Posted by NikkiT1021 

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#96 traceysteve

traceysteve
          • 328 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by JayKay 

At first when I mentioned this to my FI he said we will just stay together the night before, but then I explained to himI would rather not see him until I walk down the aisle to make it that much more special!

Awww..soo sweet! I never even thought of this until I came across this thread. Just another thing to think about, I guess...

#97 LisaMatterni

LisaMatterni
            • 718 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:45 PM

I'd better to sleep separate with him just to keep the tradition in our wedding.

#98 meows

meows
              • 25 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:34 PM

We'll be staying together. We've been together for 10 years, staying apart just would be tacky; and I will need help with getting ready in the morning, and I don't think I would be able to tolerate anybody's presence other then his that early in the morning (he knows how to dodge things by now) ;).

#99 royalbride610

royalbride610
                • 172 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:48 AM

Well, it will just be my fiance and I at the resort, so I'm pretty sure we're staying together the night before.  The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out is our getting ready... I definitely don't want us to get ready in the same room and I don't want him to actually see me until the ceremony... This may get a little difficult...

#100 harkatea

harkatea
                  • 161 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

I think it's completely your choice.

Personally, we are not staying together.  We've chosen to save sex for within marriage and have only slept in the same bed once.  I think this, for us, is a really good expression of our commitment to the covenant of marriage, our religious commitments, and how we want to be accountable to others.  But those are all such personal reasons for us, I think the decision should come between you two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users