Photo

Submit Contest Ideas

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 Jackie

Jackie
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 11:15 PM

Sounds good. Hopefully that can get some newbies posting.
    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#12 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:49 PM

what do you think?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#13 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
    • 5,248 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:29 PM

Ooh let's have like mini Golden Globes or BDW Oscars. And we can do different catergories. Like:

1. Most Active Newbie
      2. Best Welcomer (the member who welcomes the most Newbies)
      3. Member with the highest amount of posts
      4. Best Helper (the member who helped out other members with something)
      5. Best Supporting Member (the member who gives the greatest of amount of support to other members who are having a crisis)
      6. Miss Congeniality (Friendliest member, although this is a tough one b/c everyone on this forum is friendly)
      7. Best Signature Pic

You get the idea...Obviously these are too many but we can pick and choose a few each month maybe?

-Glenda

#14 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

good ideas Glenda-I am so bad with this type of thing...how fun to have different contests every month
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#15 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
      • 1,188 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:03 AM

I think there should be an award for the most creative DIY'er. This is the stuff that really makes our weddings unique and it usally doesn't cost an arm and a leg to make these projects. Also the tips from the other girls helps make our projects turn out perfect without having to bang our head against the wall. Just a thought!

BTW - my vote for member of the month is GLENDA. Still in love with my pashminas and she was such a doll to do this for all the ladies!
        Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
        http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:06 AM

Sarah the DIY idea is great! Your so right those are the people that help the most. And thank you for wanting to nominate me but I would hardly call buying pashminas something worth nominating someone for. It should go to people that are genuinely helpful or have creative ideas. I love the idea for the best DIY member.

-Glenda

#17 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
          • 1,188 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
            Sarah the DIY idea is great! Your so right those are the people that help the most. And thank you for wanting to nominate me but I would hardly call buying pashminas something worth nominating someone for. It should go to people that are genuinely helpful or have creative ideas. I love the idea for the best DIY member.

-Glenda
            Dont kid yourself - you are #1 in my book -- although I love all the girls on here!
            Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
            http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#18 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

Great idea Glenda.. And Sarah I will second the MofM for Glenda..

#19 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:35 AM

Glenda you're so funny! And I would nominate Glenda for Motm and I didn't even get pash's, but I think it was a really nice thing that you did for everyone. and now that I keep hearing how much everyone loves theres, I really want some. Who am I kidding, I want everything, that's my problem!

#20 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 February 2007 - 11:36 AM

Glenda is for sure member of the month-she totally went out of her way for a lot of girls and has been on here a lot and is always bringing up good ideas/or things we should all think about.

I love the DIY award-maybe it should be called the martha stewart wannabe award.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users