Photo

Maggie Sottero "Reese"

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 msmoodyr

msmoodyr
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:04 PM

I love that dress too! That is on my top 2 list ... its just so hard trying to find a place around here that carries it so that I can at least try it on.

#22 ksk336801

ksk336801
    • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:24 PM

This is my dress too, and I LOVE it! My hair is halfway down my back, so I'm definitely wearing it up. I would be way too hot too if I didn't!

I have another question for you ladies wearing "Reese"... What are you doing with the train? At my last fitting the seamstress was trying different ways to bustle it, but nothing looked right. They kind of ruined the look of the back of the dress, which is the best part. I thought about cutting it off to make it shorter but wasn't sure if I really wanted to do that. I'm just worried about it being too long and getting really dirty. I'm 5'11 so the dress length is perfect, but the train is pretty long. Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions!!

#23 egsarah

egsarah
      • 355 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:20 PM

I haven't even thought about a bustle yet! YIKES!! My first fitting is in a couple weeks if I come up with any good ideas I'll be sure to let you know!

#24 tracy_baxley

tracy_baxley
        • 2 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:45 PM

Hi! I am new to this site and am also a "Reese" bride. I am definately wearing my hair up and plan on having my dress bustled. Even though my wedding is just around the corner, I am really struggling with this whole veil thing! I need help...are any "Reese" brides wearing a veil If so what does it look like?

#25 Kdoucette

Kdoucette
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 02:52 PM

I am also a "Reese" Bride! I absolutely LOVE this dress. It is so unique and amazing, and perfect for a beach wedding. I just bought mine yesterday! I didnt want to take it off! :)

Attached Files

#26 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:31 PM

Ok im about to flip out crying! Ive been searching the forum all morning long to find pictures of real brides in this dress... Yayyy for my sucky searching skillz! Anyhoo! Ty gals so much for your pics. The dress looks amazing. Im searching for a dress for our NY reception(already have my wedding dress) and i think this is the one. Since i live in PR atm Ive been having a hard time finding the dress to try on but im completely in love with it and have been so tempted to order it online. But I do have a question about the dress so if anyone would be kind enough to answer id appreciated it so much =). Is the dress good for petite women? Im 5'2 so height in dresses has been quite the issue, not because of the hem but due to the proportions of the dress being all over the place lol!...

thanks in advance for your help and replies and sorry for highjacking the thread!

#27 egsarah

egsarah
              • 355 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 10:57 PM

kuteliya I'm 5'7 and I think it looks fine on me. There was one girl on the board that I think was 5'0 and she felt like the dress made her look really short/cut off. I can't seem to find the thread right now but you might want to try and do a search and see how it looks on someone more petite.

#28 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                • 1,326 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

Thanks so much for the details!
                  Yesterday i went searching in the boutiques here for the dress and found out one boutique had something similar to the dress just not the dress, went tried it on and really wasnt very convinced about it for my heigh and body! :) ..

#29 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
                  • 2,424 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:18 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kuteliya
                    Ok im about to flip out crying! Ive been searching the forum all morning long to find pictures of real brides in this dress... Yayyy for my sucky searching skillz! Anyhoo! Ty gals so much for your pics. The dress looks amazing. Im searching for a dress for our NY reception(already have my wedding dress) and i think this is the one. Since i live in PR atm Ive been having a hard time finding the dress to try on but im completely in love with it and have been so tempted to order it online. But I do have a question about the dress so if anyone would be kind enough to answer id appreciated it so much =). Is the dress good for petite women? Im 5'2 so height in dresses has been quite the issue, not because of the hem but due to the proportions of the dress being all over the place lol!...

thanks in advance for your help and replies and sorry for highjacking the thread!
                    I tried on this dress and posted a pic here . I ended up not choosing any of these ones in the post but a different maggie. FYI im 5'3 and wearing 3 inch shoes in the pic if that helps you. also have a pic we me in the dress with a cathedral veil on that has detailing at the end if you want to see.

#30 melaniejade31

melaniejade31
                    • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 10:11 AM

I tried on this dress yesterday, and it is stunning! I'm definitely getting it. It feels light as a feather compared to all the other dresses I tried on. It will be really easy to transport, too! I'm planning on wearing my hair up with a rhinestone headband and chandelier earrings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users