Photo

luminaria question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 *JillD*

*JillD*
  • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

for those of you doing the lumiaria bags, are you at all worried about them catching on fire?

I found some battery operated tealights and thought about buying those for the bags but they are expensive, so I'd rather not, but I wanted to see if anyone had done them yet and if I should worry.

#2 LadyP

LadyP
    • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:15 PM

I was a good old fashion girl scout. If you set up the luminare up right they will not catch on fire even if they blow over.

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:18 PM

really?? so I'm assuming by "set it up right" I should make sure the bag is pulled fully out?

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

I know they have fire retardent bags-I would try to do that first, but I am sure they will be fine
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

well, I was going to order them from oriental trading, because I'm too lazy to make my own, haha, so I would think they would be flame retardant, since they know thats whay they'll be used for, maybe I should check, but I don't think it says. I think I'm just going to go with regular tealights. Maybe sarah can tell us how hers worked out when she gets back.

#6 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

We used dollar stor sandwich bags and tea lights. Make sure you put the sand on the bottom and the tea lights in the center and then light them. Roll the sides down once for extra weight support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users