Photo

Any other brides for Rose Hall Resort?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#71 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 03:31 PM

August Rose Hall brides, how do you feel? JnM09, your day is coming close!

Where is everyone planning on getting married at the resort? The beach, gazebos,etc?

How about your receptions?
    Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#72 rosehallbride

rosehallbride
    • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:06 PM

Hello jamaica brides
      Which menu are you going for and who is taking your pictures on your special day.xx

#73 angie8119

angie8119
      • 198 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:01 PM

I'm using Misha Earle, she's reasonable and has great work. Menu- thinking traditional american.

#74 angie8119

angie8119
        • 198 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

ladies, anyone that is using an outside photographer- are you paying a vender fee to the resort directly or is the resort getting that fee from the photograher and it was already includeded in your price?

#75 tauristar

tauristar
          • 62 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:19 PM

does anyone know the name of the photographer they use? the video on the site is by sungold, I'm wondering if that's who they use.

food- I'm thinking of doing plated dinners with a seafood bar.
            Love is in the air!

May 2010

#76 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
            • 95 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:57 PM

I'm using Sungold. No, they're not the official photographer for the resort. They're considered an outside vendor. I'm not sure who they use but I'm guessing it's probably a service similar to the one at Riu which I didn't want (meaning it could be just portrait type pictures not the photojournalistic style I like).

I do know that Tia Flora is their official florist company. That works for me!

In terms of the vendor fee, it's covered through my package with Sungold.

I'm not sure what menu I'll choose yet. Most of my family is Jamaican so I think they'll enjoy the Jamaican Sunset menu with a hint of American food.
              Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

#77 Love3

Love3
              • 785 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

Hi Pandabride6 you said SunGold assumes the day pass fee
                ~Heather~

#78 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
                • 95 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 08:17 PM

Yeah Sungold will deal with the fee but it depends on the package you choose with them. I am using the Gold package.

Attached Files

#79 angie8119

angie8119
                  • 198 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 09:30 PM

They do assume the fee, I finally got confirmation from natalie. the $450 outside vender fee is included in your package cost, as least with the gold package as I got this one as well.

#80 tauristar

tauristar
                    • 62 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:32 PM

I've gotten some vague answers back from Charline at the resort, I just sent an email with some pretty direct questions.
                      Here is a questions, did you pay for one night of each of the rooms you blocked? Are you girls using a TA? I'm not sure what to do from here....and I have no direction outside this forum but that i more than I can go into here!
                      Love is in the air!

May 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users