Any other brides for Rose Hall Resort?

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#191 SunnyDBride

• 44 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:18 PM

Would you please send me pictures and the menu? Thank you. I am a May 2011 bride.

#192 Pandabride6

• 95 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:17 PM

Hello ladies,

I just got married at Rose Hall last Saturday and I have to agree with the other brides who've gotten married there. You don't have ANYTHING to worry about. I picked the resort sight unseen and was a bit worried but I felt that things would be okay. Our guests fell in love the same way we did!

Everything from the staff to the food is great! There's the waterpark with tubing slides and water sports. My husband LOVED kayaking! There are several restaurants but the main one is a buffet and honestly, that's all you need. There's something for everyone.

I think the biggest complaint was the lack of nightlife at the resort, but honestly, it wasn't a big deal. A shuttle takes you to the tourist strip for free each night if you're into that. We went to Margaritaville and got in free too.

For the wedding, you honestly don't really start planning until you get there. I remember telling my coordinator about certain details but she didn't really focus on it until I saw her in person (like the number of guests, decor, etc.) Everything went flawlessly. You won't be disappointed. My best piece of advice would be to relax. I was calm on my day and it made all the difference.

The coolest thing... our wedding was on the West Lawn and there were so many hotel guests who stopped what they were doing along the pool and the second floor balcony just to see the wedding. They were extremely respectful and even took pics.

Good luck to you ladies! I hope this helped.
      Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#193 Jen&Derek

• 5 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi ladies~

I am not getting married at Rose Hall but my fiancĀ© and I were just there New Years 2010. We absolutely loved it!!!! I would recommend it to anyone considering this resort. The people are so so so nice and accommodating and the resort is beautiful. If we had not just gone there for vacation, we would definitely get married there. It was perfect. So perfect I am having trouble deciding what island to get married on now

#194 donutdjn

• 419 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:05 PM

thanks pandapride - cant wait to see some of your pictures x

#195 Mrs. Reed 2 b

Mrs. Reed 2 b
          • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

Ladies, my wedding was on May 29, 2010 at RHR and it was perfect. The resort is great for families with different age range. My guests ranged fom age 2 to above sixty and everyone LOVED the resort. There's something for everyone to do. The food is great, I was really impressed. If you do all inclusive you have to make reservations at the two resturants that require so do do so. I didn't get to try the Italian resturant (forgot the name) but we went to the Palms and loved it. The food and presentation of food was great. We were taking pics. of food all the time just cause they made the look so pretty. lol

Anyway, I'm so glad I had my wedding there. I held my cocktail hour and reception at another site through Jamaica Elegant Weddings (which was great!) but you'll love RHR as a resort in general. We might even go back just for a vacation. I agree with Pandabride, just relax, everything will be perfect.

P.S.: Pandabride, how did you like Day-O-Plantation? I loved it! Had my welcome dinner there.

P.S.S: I got the oppurtunity to meet Tauristar, it was nice meeting you girl! I saw you at the airport when we were getting ready to leave on June 5th but didn't say anything, I didn't want to interrupt you and your husband. lol

#196 donutdjn

• 419 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 03:05 PM

thanks mrs reed and congratulations! x

#197 mischka

• 56 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:13 PM

Hello Ladies...I am new to this site. My wedding is May 7 2011 and I have read all of your posts. Thank you soo much for sharing. If at all possible could someone please send me menu/ pricing/ pics anything. After reading your posts I see you have to be on top of EVERYTHING when dealing with them. Has anyone worked with Tara WC?

#198 intimatelyYou

• 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:46 PM

This is a wedding from last Friday's wedding at Rose Hall Resort - it's a beach wedding. The wedding manager was Charline Henry (+1 (876) 953 - 2650 EXT 401 at Rose Hall Resort and the photographer, Denise Ebanks of imageXperience, flew out from UK to photograph the wedding:

amber and anthony's jamaican beachwedding - imageXperience blog - imageXperience professional portrait & wedding photography - be inspired...

There are images at the aqueduct and hole 18 (I think) of the golf course too - you'd need to hire a cart to get there, however, the mosquitos are rife up there.

Thanks for looking!

#199 donutdjn

• 419 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:31 PM

lovely pictures - thank you for sharing! and congratulations!!

#200 Mrs Cato

Mrs Cato
                    • 26 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

pictures just perfect!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users