JnM09

Any other brides for Rose Hall Resort?

Hi Mikababe...OMG..looking at your post is like a mirror image of what I am doing. I'm also going to be a Rosehall bride in May 2010 and have chosen to have both the ceremony and cocktail hour at the West Gazebo overlooking the sea...my total guests will also be around 50 and my wedding is at 3 p.m., so like yourself I have also decided not to have a reception and just have a cocktail hour with 200 pieces of appetizers at the same cost that you were quoted and cocktails costing a total of $277 for 2 gallons each of rum punch and fruit punch. I knew from the beginning that I did not want to pay alot of money on a reception, so I figured since all my guests were going to be on an AI plan, then a cocktail hour would be sufficient enough. Also,with the ceremony being between lunch and dinner, my guests will not be soo hungry. Which wedding package did you choose? I chose the Jamaica Sunshine package and only upgraded the gazebo decor and added a PA system, since we are going to use an IPOD for all our music. I just signed my contract and have paid my wedding in full. The total cost ended being $6,076, which I dont think was too bad. Although, I'm sure I'll think of something else between now and then that I would like to add, but for now I'm happy with it. Well, good luck and keep me informed with any other details you add.

Rosehallbride--My WC is Charline and I swear we've been abck and forth wit like 7 e-mails just for the simple question "Will the bar that I'm getting include drinks?" She keeps saying I'll have a bar and won't have to pay for drinks but won't answer the question if the bar include free drinks. I've just e-mailed her today and finally asked, "Is it a cash bar or an open bar?" I'll let you know how she answers. I'm getting soo frustrating with the cost of everything. I work hard for my money and don't mind spending it but I want something in return. As of now, I'm paying $500 for the bar set during the cocktail hour and another $500 for the set-up fee during the reception. That's $1000 and I want to know will my guests at least be able to get free water or ice tea? We'll see...

Pandabride: Not sure if I mentioned it but I've decided to have my rehersal dinner at Day O Plantation. They weren't available for my reception. Thanks so much for your help.

Hey guys, I'm in the process of choosing my menu and cake. Those who have had their wedding at RHR or tasted their food/cake. Do you have any suggestions. P.S.: My fiance' does not eat pork. Thanks in advance for your help.

I just changed resorts from Beaches Negril to RHR and my date is August 13, 2010. I am waiting on Charline to send me pics, menu's etc. If possible could you please forward me anything that you have on the resort. My email address is terri1225@gmail.com. Also what is everyone doing for rehersal dinner, ceremony, reception etc? I am so confused and have so little time and so much to do.

hello all,

I have just worked my way through all the messages here! We are getting married at Hilton Rose Hall on the 21st July this year and have chosen a 4pm ceremony on the beach followed by a bbq reception/party on the beach too. We have gone for the one love package and are just adding extras where needed. I would be interested to see photos of anyone who has married here - my email is donutdjn@ntlworld.com.

Thanks!

well we visited the site..actually the irh Grand. we've decided on the terrace their as i like the beach but no fond of dragging my dress over the sand and i wont be able to wear my sexy heelsbump.gif

I am on the process of going through all of the documents, menus etc tht I received from Charline. We are going to do the ceremony at the West beach Gazebo but we are so torn on where to have the reception. Its between the 3 palms courtyard, the pool deck and the water park. Can anyone that has physically seen these locations shed some light? We are expecting approx 50 guests. Also if I was to choose to have the cermemony at the aqueduct and pay the $2500 fee how many hours is the rental for? Would our reception be there also? any help would be great. What is everyone else choosing for their reception menu? I am thinking about going with the food stations but not sure yet.