Photo

Invites that aren't boarding pass/passport

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

I was just wondering if there was a thread (looked but couldn't find it) where there may be templates or ideas for DIY invites that aren't boarding passes or passports. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

#2 Anna83

Anna83
    • 288 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

I made pocketfold invitations for my AHR using pockets from cardsandpockets.com.
      PocketFolds
      I don't have a picture of them right now, but if you're interested in doing something like that, I can share my templates and take some pictures.

#3 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the information! I think I'm looking at making something a little more simpler! I was all into this invite making but now I'm busy with a new job and life! lol

#4 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
        • 512 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 11:43 AM

PM sent to Anna for her pocketfold template! :)

#5 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:26 PM

I did the pocketfolds too...they weren't too hard actually...a lot of cutting but you could always enlist the help of your FI?

here is the thread on mine:
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31934

#6 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
            • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

Thanks ladies, I'll have to check it out when I'm not at work and have more time! :P

#7 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
              • 512 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Andi
                I did the pocketfolds too...they weren't too hard actually...a lot of cutting but you could always enlist the help of your FI?

here is the thread on mine:
                http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31934
                Wow, Andi those are gorgeous ... I think we'll have to seriously consider ordering the pocketfolds from that company. It's going to cost so much more to buy the bristol board, cut them to spec and fold them ourselves. :-p No way!

#8 scottgm2

scottgm2
                • 229 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

I would like to make these myself if anyone has a template for the folder itself.

#9 Mystic

Mystic
                  • 254 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:12 PM

For those of you who live near a Papersource, they have pocketfolds. I think they were $10-$11 for a package of 10. They have a website, too.

#10 eloping789

eloping789
                    • 290 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lisaloo79
                      Thanks for the information! I think I'm looking at making something a little more simpler! I was all into this invite making but now I'm busy with a new job and life! lol
                      Here's a pic of mine.

Click the image to open in full size.

These are DIY for the most part. I ordered both kinds of paper from paperandmore.com and had them cut the aqua cardstock to 5x7 for me (it was only $5 for them to do it). Then I designed the top piece myself in graphic design software and took that to a local quick printer to be output on a color copier and trimmed to size ($28 dollars for 50 copies trimmed to 100 pieces). Then my FI and I put spray mount on the back of the vellum piece and attached it to the cardstock. All 100 invites were assembled and ready to go in about 45 minutes.

Obviously since I designed it myself I don't have a template, but if you like the layout I can probably put one together for you pretty quickly if you'll tell me what software you can use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users