ROR- Flowers from Tai Flora

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

For those past brides at ROR:

I want to upgrade the flowers that the RoR offers. am I able to do this during my meeting in person with Chandlyn? Is this enough time? Or would you recommend dealing directly with them (Tai Flora) before I arrive in Jamiaca? Did anyone have issues receiving the exact flowers they wanted? I am leaning towards star gazer lillies.

#2 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
    • 170 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

I'd do it now, email them telling them what you want they were very prompt at replying to me, and very helpful.

#3 jenjoe08

jenjoe08
      • 67 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:35 PM

I met with a rep from Tai Flora last month during a pre-planning visit. Prior to the visit she emailed lots of pictures to me and was very responsive. So far, they have been very easy to work with and very helpful.

#4 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
        • 813 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

I think it depends on your flowers. Some need advanced notice. I would recommend e-mailing Chandlyn and telling her so that she can pre-order if needed.

#5 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
          • 456 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Thanks ladies!

#6 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
            • 456 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

I sent a request to Tai Flora and this is what they quoted me:
              Bridal Bouquet: $150
              MOH Bouquet:$120
              Bouts: $22/each
              I do want stargazer lillies and I realize that these flowers are on the more expensive side, but $150 seems a bit much to me! Am I just being unreasonable?

Also for those of you that went thru Chandlyn for your upgrades, was she able to get you a better price than what Tai Flora quoted you directly?

#7 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Personally, I think its a lot. But I also went with fake flowers, so I can't compare. Have you looked into real touch stargazer lillies? Only reason I ask is that I have read a lot of reviews where people weren't too happy with their flowers once they received them, and it would suck if they weren't everything that you hoped them to be at $300+

#8 Scott-Pierre

Scott-Pierre
                • 456 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

I have done a little bit of research about the real touch. I procrastinated too long to get them thru <company name removed>, which most girls on here seemed to have used. They are now only taking orders for weddings in late Sept. So, I just missed out. Where did you get your flowers Dr. Brainfreeze?

#9 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

try this place they make beautiful real touch bouquets. They are located in Canada but sell mostly to the US, all pricing is in USD Lifelike Silk Wedding Flowers: Artificial Bridal Floral Arrangements Of Top Quality
                    July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#10 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                    • 1,097 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Yes I believe that calla lillies and flowers that are special order requires advanced notice. Otherwise you can just let her know what you want when u get there. I would recommend sending her a list of your general ideas...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users