Sign in to follow this  
LisaG

Alternate idea for a guest book

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

We were originally going to do a chalkboard + polaroid and have guests write a message on the chalkboard then take a pic of them holding it, but now I think we're going with the time capsule idea. I've seen kits on Etsy that seem expensive for what they are, so I'm making my own. Here's a pic for reference:

I still love the polaroid idea though and might bring one to get fun shots of all our guests during the wedding weekend for a scrapbook later.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so cute!

Originally Posted by alexisinjamaica View Post

We were originally going to do a chalkboard + polaroid and have guests write a message on the chalkboard then take a pic of them holding it, but now I think we're going with the time capsule idea. I've seen kits on Etsy that seem expensive for what they are, so I'm making my own. Here's a pic for reference:

I still love the polaroid idea though and might bring one to get fun shots of all our guests during the wedding weekend for a scrapbook later.

I LOVE this!  So cute!

We did Mad Libs for our guest book and they are AMAZING!  There is a perfect mix of heartfelt and hilarious - my husband and I were dying of laughter reading the responses!  I liked that the Mad Lib gave people a chance to write more than their names and a brief congratulatory message. We had two different versions of the Mad Lib - we printed them out on brightly coloured card stock and they were set up when people entered the reception.  I've attached a couple photos of the finished product below - so glad we did this, it is one of our favourite wedding keepsakes!

Originally Posted by Mlite83 View Post

We did Mad Libs for our guest book and they are AMAZING!  There is a perfect mix of heartfelt and hilarious - my husband and I were dying of laughter reading the responses!  I liked that the Mad Lib gave people a chance to write more than their names and a brief congratulatory message. We had two different versions of the Mad Lib - we printed them out on brightly coloured card stock and they were set up when people entered the reception.  I've attached a couple photos of the finished product below - so glad we did this, it is one of our favourite wedding keepsakes!

wow what an original idea!

another one could be a personalized wedding puzzle

Originally Posted by WeddingCancun View Post

postcards in a suitcase it's another original idea. just ask to your guest to write  a message on post cards and then collect them in a suitcase.

That is what I was thinking of doing too. I really like that idea. We're just going to buy post cards of Cabo and have everyone sign one.