• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 whatsyouroasis

• 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:23 PM

Hey!!! I'm Patrick...thank you for welcoming me.I finally did it (scratched my knees up) to my girlfriend of 10 yrs off and on. But it gave us time to mature and grow and figure out what we really want out of life. Our projected wedding date is Dec.12 this year. I'm in a tug of war between St. Lucia,Jamaica and Hawaii for the wedding place.My fiance' and I are not looking for an estravagant wedding, just something along the beach with close family and friends. We're looking at a party of 10 give or take.Im open to suggestions. What would be the most beautiful and offer the most for newlyweds?

#2 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

welcome to the forum!

#3 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:27 PM

Welcome to the forum and congratulations!! You've come to the right place; here you can find all the info you need for a fun, smooth and successful planning!! Enjoy!!!

#4 Cassie

• 5,341 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:56 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum!
          Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#5 *Casey*

• 5,209 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:16 AM

Hi Patrick... to the forum and CONGRATS!!!

#6 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
            • 4,853 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 01:08 PM

Congrats and welcome, Patrick!

It would probably be less expensive to go with either St. Lucia or Jamaica, as airfare costs would be higher for Hawaii. So, if cost is an issue, you might want to keep that in mind. However, any of those places would be a great place for your wedding!

Have fun planning!

Best wishes,

#7 CaboPhotographer

• 75 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:32 AM

Congrats Patrick! Good luck with all your plans!

#8 whatsyouroasis

• 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 07:12 PM

Thank you, thank you!!! I feel the connection. Most guys my age will not even thank about settling down. I feel like one in a million. We still haven't decided where though. A good friend of mine suggested Jamaica. I must admit I'm leaning more towards it myself. I've been before and it's beautiful. I'm still open for suggestions! Thanks guys.

#9 Macphail

• 588 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 02:17 PM

Congrats Patrick! Good for you! You proposed and joined a forum to help plan your DW? Wow, you're finace must be on cloud nine! =) You'll find lots of great ideas and sources to help plan your wedding! As for a destination, it all depends on budget and what you're hoping to have while you're there. We just got back from Maui and found great seat sales (cheaper than flying from Vancouver BC to Vegas). The only downfall to Hawaii is you won't find AI resorts like St. Lucia and Jamaica. Visit a TA and see what rates they can find for you to help with your planning. Best of luck with the plans and please let any of us know how we can help!

#10 waltandjean

• 177 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 06:05 PM

Congrats! I'm a newbie as well! This site has SO many helpful tips!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users