i want cupcakes...
Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:20 AM
and for kicks, this is my favorite cupcake recipe and it comes from my favorite cupcake recipe book... it's the Cupcakes: from the Cake Mix Doctor, because i am a firm believer that there are FEW cakes that end up as moist and yummy as one made with a cake mix...
Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
-24 paper liners
-30 Oreo cookies (I used reduced fat and they were just as good)
-1 package plain white cake mix
-1 cup sour cream (can use reduced fat)
-1/2 cup vegetable oil
-3 large eggs
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
-Buttercream frosting (you can definitely use the recipe Tammy provided)
1) Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.
2) Count out 12 Oreos and separate the top and bottom wafers. Make sure each has some of the icing on it. Place one wafer icing side up, in the bottom of each paper liner. (THIS IS THE BEST PART!) Set them aside. Place the remaining 18 Oreos between sheets of waxed paper or in a large, closed zipper-lock bag and crush them.
3) Place the cake mix, sour cream, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine adn scrap down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 1 1/2 minutes more. Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the crushed Oreos and fold these into the batter until well incorporated. Spoon or scoop 1/3 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it 3/4 of the way full. (You will get 22-24 cupcakes). Place the pans in the oven.
4) Bake the cupcakes until they are lightly golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
5) Combine the remaining Oreo crumbs with your favorite Buttercream frosting recipe. Once cupcakes are cool, place a heaping tablespoon of frosting on each cupcake and swirl to cover.
sorry such a long message, but it's definitely worth it!! i love that this forum is cupcake obsessed!!
Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:43 AM
Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:57 AM
| Originally Posted by Erika J |
Hopefully this apple will taste exactly like a cupcake
let's all post our favorite cupcake recipes...i think i posted some here before (red velvet cupcake) so i will try to find that recipe.
also, in a pinch i have used packaged vanilla cake mix, added raspberries to the mix, and put lime frosting...so good.
i found this recipe that i want to try because the ingredients are things you will have on hand and they got great reviews...you can probably tweak it to add yummy stuff to it as well.:
the respberry and lime and key lime ones sound SO delish. i HEART lime anything. and i have a box of red velvet at home, i should make them very soon! i ADORE cupcakes, we did them at our wedding and i didnt even get one, i was SOOOOOO sad and in seattle we have Cupcake Royale, which is a fantastically awesome idea, but their cupcakes bite the big one i was super excited when we got one within walking distance in west seattle, and then was super sad when i tried their cupcakes they are all dry and crumbly. cupcakes should be perfectly soft and moist. YUM!!
Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:49 AM
Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:56 PM
| Originally Posted by LAURENANDBILL |
CUPCAKES ARE AMAZING!! BETTER THAN CAKE!!
IM GOING TO THE WELL KNOWN MAGNOLIA BAKERY IN NEW YORK CITY SUNDAY
THE ICING IS TO DIE FOR ON THE CUPCAKES!! AND THEY ARE SOOOOO PRETTY!
Magnolia Bakery - New York City
and for some reason i am insanely happy that you said "well known" because it drives me nuts when people call something "world famous" but yet i have never heard of it hahaha so kudos to you
Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:13 PM
Thanks Abbie for empathizing
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users