Photo

Sand Ceremony Set

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 calchik

calchik
  • 166 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 04:42 PM

i got my middle one at pier1, it's tall, bottle shaped and with a cork at the top
    then i got 2 smaller square ones at michaels
    12 bucks total for the 3 vases

#22 DarcyJAde

DarcyJAde
    • 305 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:18 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by calchik
      i got my middle one at pier1, it's tall, bottle shaped and with a cork at the top
      then i got 2 smaller square ones at michaels
      12 bucks total for the 3 vases
      That's a great idea. The cork makes for easier transport.
      I have been looking at the sets and they are like $45, good
      way to save a bit.
      http://img.weddingco...r/8vbdydmgt.png

[SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGP
      [/SIGPIC] 40 PEOPLE BOOKED!!!

#23 purrfected

purrfected
      • 396 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:36 PM

I love the idea of the sandframe. I will check with the FI (he probably won't care either way) and then order. Thanks for the info.

#24 midnight24

midnight24
        • 754 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:47 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by mummergirl
          i love the sand frame, but we never got epics done or anything like that so i wouldn't know what photo to use in it. it's not like i just could change it to a wedding photo later.
          why don't you use your wedding invitation if you don't have epics? that would be a nice keepsake as well.

i love the idea of a frame over vase. how do people transfer the vase back from DW with sand in it?

#25 britsytoll

britsytoll
          • 129 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 04:58 PM

Question, how do you girls plan on taking them home? My mom brought that up and I didn't have an answer..I thought just carry it on but it will still probably get shaken up.
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#26 tbriley22

tbriley22
            • 29 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

Journey to the Aisle and Beyond: Sand ceremony trial

That's a great link for the DIY girls. You just buy a frame from Kohl's (called an Umbra Ether frame) and they have deals on it frequently from what I've read. It's not as customized as the ones you can get from Sandframes, but it's cheaper if you feel like DIY-ing this project.

I'm still thinking about it; my mom keeps trying to find stuff for use to use, but I'm not sure what I want yet. I know you can wax seal the top of a vase, but I'm afraid I'll make a mess and it won't look good at all. Plus, I'm concerned about getting it home; I know girls tape plastic wrap and all sorts of stuff over it, but still I'm not sure. I think I just typed enough to make me want to do a frame for the ease of it!

#27 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,151 posts

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:25 PM

thanks for posting links to the DIY sandframe ... i saw that a long time ago but ruled it out since i didn't think i had a good pic to use. a few of you suggested using my invitation, which i think is a great idea, so it looks like i'll be adding this to my DIY list now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users