Photo

Welcome book/photo album - photos!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 JohnsonBengel09

JohnsonBengel09
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:10 PM

I just wanted to share with everyone what I've been working on to include in my OOT bags. It's very time consuming but worth it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me!!!

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 soonergirl

soonergirl
    • 27 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:24 PM

Wow! These are great!! Very creative! Did you make the photo albums or did you buy them somewhere? They are super cute, and would LOVE to know where I can get them!

Are most people doing "brochures" of some sort for their guests?? I didn't think to do this, but it seems that a lot of people are putting together itinerarys and brochures to hand out to guests. Is it awful if I don't?
      Cori

#3 Dayla911

Dayla911
      • 133 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

I agree very very cute! What does OOT mean? I have never figured that out ;-)

#4 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Very nice, your guests will love them!

#5 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
          • 1,326 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

Very Cute. Your guest will appreciate the personalization.

#6 KatyKo

KatyKo
            • 851 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

These books are amazing...I just emailed you to find out about them
              I agree very very cute! What does OOT mean? I have never figured that out ;-)
              OOT means "Out of Town." People put together little care packages for their guests who have come from out of town to attend their wedding. In the case of DWs, most of the guests are traveling so DW brides like to make little OOT or Welcome Bags for their guests when they arrive at the resort.

#7 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:09 PM

Wow !!! That's so creative ! I love the idea ! I wanted to make a welcome letter and a who's who but why not put everything together in the same ! Wow !

#8 Scarletina

Scarletina
                • 85 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:34 PM

These look fantastic! I had the same exact idea! I have many guests that have never met each other before and so I was going to send out a welcome package about a month before the wedding with the same idea! I am going to include a who's who in mine so people can sorta get to know each other before hand! These look beautiful and I can tell you have put a tremendous amount of time and love in each one!
                  37 CABINS BOOKED AND COUNTING!!

CHECK OUT MY WEDDING WEBSITE:

WWW.WEDDINGAWEIGH.COM

#9 JohnsonBengel09

JohnsonBengel09
                  • 22 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by soonergirl
                    Wow! These are great!! Very creative! Did you make the photo albums or did you buy them somewhere? They are super cute, and would LOVE to know where I can get them!

Are most people doing "brochures" of some sort for their guests?? I didn't think to do this, but it seems that a lot of people are putting together itinerarys and brochures to hand out to guests. Is it awful if I don't?
                    I was lucky to have a cousin who does the stampin up and all kinds of awesome scrapbooking ideas. I came up with the idea because she made me an address book and thought it would be more fun to create a personal welcome/photo book. We started with mat board or some type of sturdy card board for the cover and back. Then went to a crafting store (JoAnn's or Michael's) and found some really fun paper/cardstock that is double sided patterns. Then I used a fun crafting machine called: Xyron 900. You feed the fun paper/cardstock through the contraption and it makes it a very durable sticker. I put it on the card board and then cut to fit it. I did the same with the inside of the cover and back. Then with the left over card stock I made pages for the inside to put whatever kind of information you want to put in there for your guests.

The photo slips, OMG, what a pain. We ended up finding a bunch of photo albums on sale and had to take them apart manually for them to fit in the books.

To bind the books together I used another contraption called: Zutter.

Then I bought a bunch of fun stickers to dress the pages up a little bit.

This probably sounds easy and really it wasn't too bad, I just didn't have a huge paper cutter that would of been very very helpful and saved a lot of time. But it was fun to be creative!!

I'm sure you can find pre-made photobooks or journals at the craft store that would work as well. They have all kinds of stuff out there these days!!

#10 merocket59

merocket59
                    • 937 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Wow those look like a lot of work as gone into them, great job!! I love them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users