Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita Riviera Maya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knbell22 View Post
I will be going to a wedding at Zoetry this weekend so if any of you ladies have any specific picture requests, let me know and I will do my best to get them for you :)
I would LOVE to hear how the wedding was at Zoetry! It is one of my front runners right now and it'd be great to have a first hand opinion. Any pics or thoughts or whatever would be awesome!!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt is much to modest!

He's one of the best photographers in all of Mexico, let alone the world. If you really want to see what the resort looks like check this slide show. It show the resort through the eye of a photo genius!

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=187

If you want to see what it looks like from a Bridal Stand point check out this album. It I wasn't having a larger wedding with kids I would have booked here in a second.

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=230  Talk about one lucky bride! I love how she has the reception out on the pier.

Originally Posted by skadow View Post

Matt is much to modest!

He's one of the best photographers in all of Mexico, let alone the world. If you really want to see what the resort looks like check this slide show. It show the resort through the eye of a photo genius!

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=187

If you want to see what it looks like from a Bridal Stand point check out this album. It I wasn't having a larger wedding with kids I would have booked here in a second.

http://delsolphotography.com/blog/content/galleries/?gal=230  Talk about one lucky bride! I love how she has the reception out on the pier.

Blushing amiga...blush2.gif  thank you for the nice words.  we put our hearts in these projects, hope it helps folks!

Saludos,

mateo

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

Are the reviews on Trip Advisor true when they say there is a fly problem at this resort??

I hardly doubt they are infested with flys... But one thing is to consider, the entire region here is very close to these amazing natural habitats called Mangrove swamps.   These generate a larger than normal bug life population... it is like that all the way up and down the coast.

If there were some bugs one day, I wouldnt doubt it... this place is quasi jungle so Its bound to happen.     5 star rating for Zoetry from del Sol!

• 8 months later...

I am flying down next week to check out Zoetry and Ceiba Del Mar for a wedding next March. We will probably have anywhere from 120-160 guests. Would love input from anyone who has been or planned a wedding at either of these. We want a boutique hotel that is not all inclusive, since we will be hosting evening dinner's/events. I look forward to hearing from others. Thanks!

llcampbell- 

Those were also my two final pics! I went back and forth for what seemed like forever. I scoured for info on Zoetry and it was so so hard to find,. I would love to hear your thoughts after you visit! We didn't have time to do a site visit, so we did our best! I am in the process of planning at Ceiba so haven't had my event yet, but here is what I gathered from my pre-planning experience. 

Zoetry was amazing to me for the ultra-all inclusive feature. The catamaran ride, private transfer etc... however when I researched extensively it seems that the boat ride is always booked that many times people can't take advantage of it, and the private transfer really means (for group wedding events) no stops at other resorts (not private car ride for two people- with the exception of the bride and groom- IF you book a particular wedding package).

While Zoetry seemed they would work with us in terms of customizing the wedding, they also were EXTREMELY slow (took about 2 months to get everything figured out.) To be fair, I customized some stuff on the contract and the coordinator was really working with me (she was slow but very cool), but prior to any customization of the contract it took about 1 month for a response and then any question I had thereafter seemed to tack on weeks at a time. 

While not a huge factor, when I searched for info on Zoetry (Orbitz, Tripadvisor) there were hundreds of amazing reviews as it is an awesome spot...but while you can't please everyone, there is some truth in numbers - it seemed that of the bad reviews, many were recent and many said the same things (ants, bugs, air not working, cold food, slow service...) 

Last, I am not sure if you have any (even 1) child in your wedding party but both resorts don't necessarily "cater" to children, but Zoetry by far seemed least accomodating on this subject. We do have just a few children coming, so that was a consideration. If you don't have children coming and think this is 100% adults, you should also know that it is not. 

On to the good stuff! 

Ceiba del Mar came recommended from Del Sol photography (who btw was SO helpful with this aspect and countless other things - amazing people, company and of course, photography!)

I personally investigated and found abundant info on the resort- almost all positive with whatever limited negative reviews existed were so spaced out and subjective that I allowed myself to ignore them. No consistent complaints. FYI- side note....Del Sol's photos at this place are amazing...amazing....

Diana at Ceiba was top notch to work with- so so patient, always available, accomodating, called me back (Zoetry seemed to never respond!) Everything about Ceiba just made me feel very confident. Diana really knew her stuff and I don't know how she does it- but she makes me feel like a top priority. (I am SURE she has lots going on besides me hehehe ) I am so excited that the resort has no pre-set wedding packages, and you can tailor the entire event how you wish. 

All this said, I am still so curious to hear your feedback of your site visits!!  It is so difficult to judge from research only, but I feel pretty confident in the decision. Either way, I am sure BOTH places are fantastic.  Keep us posted and happy planning!!! 

Hello everyone!

Yes with agree you in a lot of points :)! Matt is amazing, Ceiba is gorgeous and Diana is more than great!!

We have worked a lot at Ceiba del Mar and I the place look so beautifull, the food is delicious, all the staff are so helpful! We are in charge of decor, furniture rentals and flowers there and we have a lot of pictures from our set ups there in many different areas! In case you want to check some of them, please send me a PM with your emails and I will be more than happy to send them!

also if you want we can check some of them in our facebook page!! http://www.facebook.com/planner1events

happy planning and in case you need anythithing, please let me know.

Kindly regards!

Gabi Lavor

I love this gazebo picture so much Elizabeth!!! Congratulations!! They are so beautiful!!!

Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina View Post

This is a beautiful location! There are photos on my blog from a wedding at the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita that we photographed in the spring. The hotel has a really upscale feel, beautiful grounds, I think it would make a really nice honeymoon spot as well as a wedding venue.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.