A wedding no-no?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
  • VIP Member
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:01 PM

omg...my dad (who is NOT a typically emotional guy) get all teary EVERY time he sees that movie!! You'd think after marry-ing off two of us he'd be over it. nope! Lol! It's kinda cute actually. . .

#22 dragonfly

dragonfly
    • 1,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:42 AM

I the am so glad that this is my second wedding, and so the father daughter dance would not have been an issue. My son is walking me down the isle, it is going to be hard enough not having my dad with me, that I am grateful I don't have to be sad about missing out on the traditional father/daughter stuff. We will be away at our wedding on the anniversary of my dads death (1 year) I kind of planned it that way, it will be my way to celebrate what my father had dreamt for me and Everton.
      Kelly"

#23 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:22 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by dragonfly
        I the am so glad that this is my second wedding, and so the father daughter dance would not have been an issue. My son is walking me down the isle, it is going to be hard enough not having my dad with me, that I am grateful I don't have to be sad about missing out on the traditional father/daughter stuff. We will be away at our wedding on the anniversary of my dads death (1 year) I kind of planned it that way, it will be my way to celebrate what my father had dreamt for me and Everton.
        Kelly"
        Awwwe, that is beautiful! Kelly, your son is absolutely ADORABLE btw!!!!

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#24 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

Courtney, sounds like you've got a plan! I like what you girls have come up with. :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#25 ajncooter

ajncooter
          • 983 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:28 AM

your son is sooooo cute!@

#26 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
            • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Umm ok Liam is adorable! I can already tell, he's going to be a little heartbreaker!!
              Happily Married since May 9, 2008
              Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#27 NATASHA

NATASHA
              • 646 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

Actually - it's Mexico. It's very informal and it would be really easy for you to dance with your dad without calling attention to Aaron.

For instance, right after the toast, you could have a DJ invite you and your dad up for the daddy-daughter dance. Then, with about 30 seconds left to your dance, the DJ can invite everyone up to join you (many will join). The song ends, a new (fast, fun song like We Are Family) song comes on - people keep dancing and you slip away off the dance floor.

Then, you and Aaron mingle - talking to people, getting drinks for other people, etc. You don't reappear until it's time to cut the cake.

People won't even notice if the two of you are or are not dancing.

I would be really sad for your dad if he didn't get to dance with you. I would bet that he would also really love a framed picture of the two of you dancing for father's day after your wedding!
                Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#28 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:46 PM

Ahhhh, Thanks guys!
                  Kelly~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users