Photo

Help! Wedding invite reordering EMERGENCY!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

I find myself in the position of having to reorder my wedding invitations that are pretty much on the verge of being late getting out already for my may 09 wedding! Let's just say that they were addressed, stamped, and ready to go about a month ago...and then FI was assigned the job to get them out. Long story short, they didn't make it to the P.O., disaster ensued, and now I have to reorder new ones.

I've re-contacted the vendor that did the orignial invitations, and although I am still working on it, it could potentially take another 3 weeks to get new ones!

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get nice invitations turned around within about a week or so time? I've already put in a rush order to Vistaprint for STDs as a stopgap, but need the formals with RSVP, etc. info to go out really soon. I don't want to go the Vistaprint route if there are nicer (but FAST) options, but will if I have to. I figure tomorrow is the latest I can find and decide on a vendor, or go the Vistaprint route.

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:07 PM

Wedding Invitations, Bridal Shower Invitations & Announcements by Wedding Paper Divas or put in an alchemy request on Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade - you tell them when you need them and a bunch of vendors will bid on your job who can get it done for you- it is awesome!

#3 Ayita

Ayita
      • 861 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by lolkitteh
        I find myself in the position of having to reorder my wedding invitations that are pretty much on the verge of being late getting out already for my may 09 wedding! Let's just say that they were addressed, stamped, and ready to go about a month ago...and then FI was assigned the job to get them out. Long story short, they didn't make it to the P.O., disaster ensued, and now I have to reorder new ones.

I've re-contacted the vendor that did the orignial invitations, and although I am still working on it, it could potentially take another 3 weeks to get new ones!

Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get nice invitations turned around within about a week or so time? I've already put in a rush order to Vistaprint for STDs as a stopgap, but need the formals with RSVP, etc. info to go out really soon. I don't want to go the Vistaprint route if there are nicer (but FAST) options, but will if I have to. I figure tomorrow is the latest I can find and decide on a vendor, or go the Vistaprint route.
        Silly question, but why do you need new invitations ? Is it because of the RSVP ?

#4 jenjoe08

jenjoe08
        • 67 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

Do you have a Papyrus near you? Some locations offer a 24 hour turn around time.

#5 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
          • 516 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:32 PM

With your own creation, you can get it done on Vistaprint. What about printing them yourself?

#6 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
            • 167 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ayita
              Silly question, but why do you need new invitations ? Is it because of the RSVP ?
              For silly reasons I wont go into here, FI thought it was best to centralize the invite process through his Personal Assistant, who lives in a U.S. city, while we were out in Europe. We sent them out to her, now they are lost between the European post and DHL. We have been trying to track them down for 1.5 weeks, but now I feel that we just cannot wait any longer to just get new ones. I feel just as responsible for agreeing with FI to send them to his PA, so I have to take some blame for this screw-up, too.

Thanks, to everyone for all their helpful suggestions so far!

And Jess-wedding paper divas looks really good! The price is right, and the shipping times look really fast, too! This may be the answer!

I'll let you ladies know how it all works out.

#7 Ayita

Ayita
              • 861 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lolkitteh
                For silly reasons I wont go into here, FI thought it was best to centralize the invite process through his Personal Assistant, who lives in a U.S. city, while we were out in Europe. We sent them out to her, now they are lost between the European post and DHL. We have been trying to track them down for 1.5 weeks, but now I feel that we just cannot wait any longer to just get new ones. I feel just as responsible for agreeing with FI to send them to his PA, so I have to take some blame for this screw-up, too.

Thanks, to everyone for all their helpful suggestions so far!

And Jess-wedding paper divas looks really good! The price is right, and the shipping times look really fast, too! This may be the answer!

I'll let you ladies know how it all works out.
                Oh my, I thought you still had the invites !

If you're looking to non-traditional invites, you can try botanical paperworks. I ordered ny fvors from them. I received a proof the day after ordering, and they have shipped already (I ordered last Friday).

Plantable Wedding Invitations from Botanical PaperWorks

#8 mich999

mich999
                • 386 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

I got my wedding invites from Wedding Invitations, Bridal Shower Invitations, Wedding Stationery, Wedding Shower Invitations and the turnaround time was about a week - I was impressed. I'm sure they'll do rush orders too.

#9 lolkitteh

lolkitteh
                  • 167 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:16 PM

Thanks, everyone for all the help and advice!

By way of update, last night I went to Wedding Paper Divas, set up an account, picked out an invitation, and have it all queued up to order. FI wants to wait one more day, since there seems to be some more information coming up on the whereabouts of our original invites. So at worst case, I will just pay expedited shipping and processing fees and should be able to get new ones by the end of next week if I wait another day. In the meantime, our stopgap STDs will be going on on Monday.

Sigh. I spent so much time picking out the original invites in our colors, paid extra for thermography, agonized over spelling, wording, addressing, etc., so they could be "perfect". Now I just don't care - I need to get something out, even if it's printer paper scrawled with crayola! LOL. Oh well. Another lesson in "it's all small stuff" :-)

#10 VegasWedlockInvitations

VegasWedlockInvitations
                    • 18 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 10:31 AM

I'm so sorry that happened. That stinks! I'm glad you found an alternative.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users