Married Ladies and Long-Time Members...Check in Here

ErinB

Ok so I love the whole married thing. I love getting mail with my new name and every time I get to sign Gaskill to something I get a chill...lol We were together for 8 years before we were married so not a lot has changed except what we call each other and how we filed our taxes this year..lol

I do get very teary eyed (ok so sometimes when I am home alone I down right cry!) when I read other people post about leaving or just returning, especially if they were at the same resort as we were. Since we had a very small wedding at Sandals there was very little planning I actually had to do. Sometimes I feel a little cheated others I am relieved because it was soooo easy. I miss the anticipation. This time last year we were getting pass ports and clothes and making lists of things we needed to pack. My ticker was counting down days and the thought of the unknown was just as exciting as it was scary. We honestly thought about going back this year but the guilt of not taking our kids somewhere was too much. We decided to update our house (carpet, furniture and appliance) and take the kids on a couple of weekend trips around Ohio. We hope to go back next year. I guess time will tell.

I think I feel like alot of you ladies on here. I only get on this site every now and then and when I do it is not nearly the same amount of time I used to spend!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay Katrina! Lots of positives - new job and a new baby! I'd say you're having a pretty good week!

I have to say, I'm not really used to my new last name. I mean I say it but signing it is a whole nother story. I don't know if it is because I had to wait for my real marriage license to change my name legally and on business things or what. Also, the letters are shaped different than my old name and it doesn't flow like it used to! LOL I had lots of loopys and now, not so much. My hand gets confused. DH laughs at me because I'll be signing something and have to stop and figure it out!

This is such a fun thread, thanks for starting it Erin!

So we've been almost officially married for a month. I have to say, like SunBride, pretty much nothing has changed. We've been together almost 9 years and living together for 6 years so nothing is an adjustment. The only real change I noticed is that we have sex more often lol, I have no idea why but I'm not complaining. There are small things, like our nicknames for each other now include "wifey" or "hubster" lol and I'm totally not used to signing my new last name at all on things and have yet to perfect my signature (it is a lot longer than my old last name). BIL and his wife wrote in our wedding card that our nephews need cousins....I was like "no thanks!" haha, we're so not ready for that and I'm not sure if/when we ever will be. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinB View Post
I have to say, I'm not really used to my new last name. I mean I say it but signing it is a whole nother story. I don't know if it is because I had to wait for my real marriage license to change my name legally and on business things or what. Also, the letters are shaped different than my old name and it doesn't flow like it used to! LOL I had lots of loopys and now, not so much. My hand gets confused. DH laughs at me because I'll be signing something and have to stop and figure it out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
and I'm totally not used to signing my new last name at all on things and have yet to perfect my signature (it is a lot longer than my old last name). BIL and his wife wrote in our wedding card that our nephews need cousins....I was like "no thanks!" haha, we're so not ready for that and I'm not sure if/when we ever will be. :)
So good to know that I'm not the only one struggling with signing my name....smile36.gif
No matter how many times I say to myself, "Ok, when you go to sign it, sign like this.." it never happens. I think I sign my name totally different anytime I sign something. I'm surprised that when I write checks, the bank doesn't look at the check & wonder who the heck signed it since all of my signatures are probably different. Maybe I need to sit down & practice, practice, practice...like we used to do in school when practicing penmanship...LOL

Congrats on being an Aunt Katrina! You know we need pictures!

his name is Giovanni Michael and he was born yesterday at 7:10am. it's hard being so far away from the family right now (we are in south jersey, they are in upstate new york) but we'll be up there this weekend.. i can't wait to meet him!! and my SIL did it completely natural! yikes hah. thanks for all the well wishes!

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
This is such a fun thread, thanks for starting it Erin!

BIL and his wife wrote in our wedding card that our nephews need cousins....I was like "no thanks!" haha, we're so not ready for that and I'm not sure if/when we ever will be. :)
My BIL and SIL are the same. They have two kids and while I love them to death and can't wait to have my own, it irks me to no end when people start to put the pressure on. My mom has been lamenting about not having grandchildren since before I even met my husband! She knows they're coming but she just gets so impatient. They can all just keep on waiting, the babies will come when we're both good and ready!