Photo

OMG! Leaving in 1 week and FI doesn't have passport!!! HELP US!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:06 AM

I am in complete panic mode. Seriously, I am shaking I am so worried. I know some of you have had trouble getting passports and suggested calling a congressman or something? My fiance doesn't have his passport and put in for it 12 weeks ago!!! He called last week and they said it should be mailed out early part of this week. He just called again and they said to call back THURSDAY!!! We leave FREAKING TUESDAY!!!!! I am completely freaking out! How do we get in touch with our congress or states person or whoever? Do you have a link? Phone number? Please help!!
    JEN

#2 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:31 AM

Okay, I don't know about the congressman thing and how he can help you but I found yours based on your location of Satellite Beach, so it's a start:

Congressman Dave Weldon
      2725 Saint Johns St
      Melbourne, FL 32903

(321) 632-1776

If that's wrong, you can find all your state's reps here:
      Office of the Clerk

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You may have this but if you don't:

1-877-4USA-PPT ( 1-877-487-2778 ), TDD: 1-888-874-7793 Live Operator Service available 6:00 a.m. to midnight ET, M-F; and limited weekend hours to make emergency arrangements for travelers departing in 7 days or less.

Hopefully someone else here knows more, if I find any other helpful info I will let you know. It will work out, it has to :o)

#3 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
      • 89 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:22 AM

Thanks so much Jamy! I will try those resources!

#4 LadyP

LadyP
        • 3,156 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:57 AM

wishing you much luck with this

#5 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:19 AM

Jen, is there a passport office near you that you can go to for an urgent process?

#6 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:53 AM

i think is was Sarah AQHARIDER who posted about the congressman thing - but she's in Cabo so she probably can't respond. but you should be able to search to find the post - i will try as well. let us know what happens!

#7 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
              • VIP Member
              • 2,861 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

Good luck! Sorry I have no real help, but I just hope your FI gets the passport intime!

#8 soulmates

soulmates
                • 538 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

I'm so sorry this is happening. This is the last thing you need right now!! Let us know how it goes.

#9 NATASHA

NATASHA
                  • 646 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:48 PM

I recommend you call your congressman immediately and send your FI to camp out here (just kidding, they require you make an appointment BUT DO THIS TODAY)
                    • MIAMI Passport Agency
                      Claude Pepper Federal Office Building
                      51 SW First Avenue
                      3rd Floor
                      Miami, FL 33130-1680
                    Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays
                    Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778
                    NOTE: Miami Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel. An appointment is required.

Additionally, the National Passport Informatin Center lets applicants check the status of their applications online. There are also phone numbers for customer service

If you can't get anywhere tomorrow - send me a PM - I have connections in Florida.

Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#10 jdweinbe

jdweinbe
                    • 89 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:07 AM

Oh gosh! Thank you! Thank you! My FI called the state senator's office and they said they will try to straighten this out. They are supposed to call him tomorrow. I will keep you posted! Thanks for your support!
                      JEN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users