• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

not fun and upbeat, but we are dancing to "I Loved Her First" by Heartland

#42 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:39 PM

this is so hard, I have 5 songs that would all be perfect, I'm soooo going to cry!

#43 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 04:42 PM

My dad and I just chose a song yesterday...it is a jazz tune by Fourplay called "Once upon a Love". It is an instrumental song. My dad wasn't going for the gooy country songs that I liked.
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#44 tvt

tvt
        • VIP Member
        • 4,812 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:13 PM

lets revive this thread! i need more options! i love the sappy country songs but I know i'll cry! what about some rock songs? any one know of some good ones?

#45 -Kate-

-Kate-
          • VIP Member
          • 7,676 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

I don't remember if I posted this or not...but I am dancing w my dad to Daughter. I always forget who it's by, but it's the song playing inthe closing credits of "knocked up".

#46 1elephant

1elephant
            • VIP Member
            • 15,998 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

i told my dad to choose which song he'd like and he chose i loved her first...anyone know if there any versions other than the country one by heartland?

#47 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by naughie
                i told my dad to choose which song he'd like and he chose i loved her first...anyone know if there any versions other than the country one by heartland?
                I haven't heard of another version, yet...

#48 starfish kate

starfish kate
                • 455 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

I know some of you aren't country fans, but Rascal Flatts' My Wish is a great song.
                  Kate

#49 flygirl

flygirl
                  • 263 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

We're dancing to My Girl...i love the first couple beats of that song!!!!

#50 BillysBride

BillysBride
                    • 1,255 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

Not to be a downer, but my Dad is gone..passed on '00, but still very much a part of our thoughts. I want to include his memory in my day, so at our formal reception back home, I'm having a slide show put together to Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father".

Theres one line that just makes me break down everytime I hear it...the end line to the chorus. The song talks about dancing on dad's toes as a little kid, then him spinning you around in the air. The end of the chorus goes... "How I'd love, love, love..to dance with my father again."

I'm sitting here bawling just thinking of it in my head. Great.
                      Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users