Photo

Dancing with Dad!

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#111 Duchess

Duchess
  • 358 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 04:02 PM

Can anyone think of a song that is from the daughter to the father? A lot of songs are from the father to the daughter. I would like to pick a song that embodies how I feel about what he has done for me. He isnt a music guy, so I cant think of a song that would mean anything to him from the past...hmmm.

#112 Kristy621

Kristy621
    • 102 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

DragonFly, I lost my mother 3 yrs ago she is my best friend in the world and I was thinking that I would dance with my stepfather to honor her in someway... at the same time I know that I will break my heart to do it. I not sure what to do, I already know that I am going to be upset, I am just not sure I want to make it worse. I don't know what to do...
      53 People Booked!

#113 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
      • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

First, let me say that I LOVE father/daughter songs - I have an itunes playlist called "daddy songs". There are so many that I love - many have been mentioned here. But, the one that I hope to dance to with my daughter at her wedding is called "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman. I can barely listen to it without tearing up - and I'm NOT a crier. It seriously kills me! My 3 year old and I already dance to it on occasion when no one is looking.

#114 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
        • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kristy621
          DragonFly, I lost my mother 3 yrs ago she is my best friend in the world and I was thinking that I would dance with my stepfather to honor her in someway... at the same time I know that I will break my heart to do it. I not sure what to do, I already know that I am going to be upset, I am just not sure I want to make it worse. I don't know what to do...
          I'm so sorry...

...I would say to do it, even though it will be hard - I can't imagine you regretting have done it later.

#115 nathanielthompsonphoto

nathanielthompsonphoto
          • 1,213 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Duchess
            Can anyone think of a song that is from the daughter to the father? A lot of songs are from the father to the daughter. I would like to pick a song that embodies how I feel about what he has done for me. He isnt a music guy, so I cant think of a song that would mean anything to him from the past...hmmm.
            Chrystal Shawanda - "You can let go" AWESOME song from a daughter's perspective

#116 Duchess

Duchess
            • 358 posts

Posted 19 December 2008 - 11:53 PM

I dont know if it was on this thread or another, but Joanna recommended the song Daddy by Kendal Payne, and it is amazing. I can't believe how perfect it is, and have no idea how I am going to dance with dad to that song and not bawl my eyes out!

#117 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:18 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Duchess
                I dont know if it was on this thread or another, but Joanna recommended the song Daddy by Kendal Payne, and it is amazing. I can't believe how perfect it is, and have no idea how I am going to dance with dad to that song and not bawl my eyes out!
                Oh, I love that! Amazing, stunning, gave me shivers! loved it.

#118 Duchess

Duchess
                • 358 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

The song still makes me cry. I didn't cry during the dance because I felt really on display in that moment, but my dad cried a little!!! The song is amazing! I have been wondering a female singer with the style of Kendal Payne managed to excape my awareness before that, since I love that kind of music!

#119 Rhonda

Rhonda
                  • 270 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for sharing all your ideas....I totally need help with this! I'd like to choose a few songs and then have my dad pick the one.
                    Keep the ideas coming! :)

#120 Amarillis

Amarillis
                    • 1,913 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:08 PM

I picked - What A Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong... we had our father/daughter and mother/son dance at the same time... I really liked this song choice because it is a relatively short song (timewise) and it worked to do the dual dance thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users