Sign in to follow this  
CaboDate

Dancing with Dad!

My dad and I just chose a song yesterday...it is a jazz tune by Fourplay called "Once upon a Love". It is an instrumental song. My dad wasn't going for the gooy country songs that I liked.

lets revive this thread! i need more options! i love the sappy country songs but I know i'll cry! what about some rock songs? any one know of some good ones?

I don't remember if I posted this or not...but I am dancing w my dad to Daughter. I always forget who it's by, but it's the song playing inthe closing credits of "knocked up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughie View Post
i told my dad to choose which song he'd like and he chose i loved her first...anyone know if there any versions other than the country one by heartland?
I haven't heard of another version, yet...

Not to be a downer, but my Dad is gone..passed on '00, but still very much a part of our thoughts. I want to include his memory in my day, so at our formal reception back home, I'm having a slide show put together to Luther Vandross' "Dance With My Father".

Theres one line that just makes me break down everytime I hear it...the end line to the chorus. The song talks about dancing on dad's toes as a little kid, then him spinning you around in the air. The end of the chorus goes... "How I'd love, love, love..to dance with my father again."

I'm sitting here bawling just thinking of it in my head. Great.