Sign in to follow this  
CaboDate

Dancing with Dad!

MY dad and i are dancing to Frank Sinatra's "the way you look tonight".

i also like Harry Conick Jr's "Wink and Smile" but we're huge Sinatra fans so there it is.

oh my goodness-I didn't read every post yet, I got to page 1- clicked on the youtube for "I Loved Her First" and found myself in tears! This HAS to be my song as well. I love my daddyyy I know he'll be crying with me when we dance to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletina View Post
I know it's a bit untraditional but I was thinking about using "Footprints in the Sand" by Leona Lewis. I have a good relationship with my dad but it's not like the Butterfly Kisses or My Little Girl kind of relationship. Ours is more of a respectful relationship and very much a friendship. Does anyone have any thoughts on this song? I am worried it might be more of a love song than anything- though it does talk about being there and being your friend etc. Here are the lyrics though I am sure everyone has heard the song:

You walked with me,
Footprints in the sand,
And help me understand,
Where I'm going,

You walked with me,
When I was all alone,
With so much unknown,
Along the way,
Then I heard you say,

I promise you,
I'm always there,
When your heart is filled
With sorrow and despair,
I'll carry you
When you need a friend,
You'll find my footprints in the sand.

I see my life flash across the sky,
So many times have I been so afraid.
And just when I, I thought I lost my way,
You give me strength to carry on,
That's when I heard you say,

I promise you
I'm always there
When your heart is filled
With sorrow and despair
And, I'll carry you
When you need a friend

When I'm with you,
Well I know you've been there,
And I can feel you when you say,

I promise you (you)
I'm always there
When your heart is filled (when your heart)
With sadness and despair (and despair)
I'll carry you when you need a friend (need a friend)
You'll find my footprints in the sand. (I promise you)

Ohh. (I'm always there)

When your heart is full of
Sadness and despair, (and despair)
I'll carry you when you need a friend. (I'll carry you)

Scarletina--- I think that sounds like a great "father-daughter" song! Go for it!

Can't remember if it's been mentioned, but "Daddy's Angel" is a pretty perfect country song.

Also, for those looking for a song from the daughter's point of view, there's a song called "It's for My Dad" by Nancy Sinatra (it starts a bit slow, but gets much more dance-able after the intro).

Still don't know what I'm picking, and the wedding is in a week!

Me either!! But I might hope on the "A Wink & A Smile" Harry Connick Jr. boat as my father and I have exactly that relationship ... we're friends and we have SUCH a laugh ... it has to be something a bit more lighthearted I think ...

Though I do love Sinatra and so does he ... hmmm ... I have no idea!!