Photo

Made a HUGE mistake!!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
  • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

I feel like crying right now! During the month of February I was taking my pills late for a couple of days, I was convinced I was pregnant so I missed my last 3 pills so that I could see if I would get my period faster.

Well I got my period so not thinking I started my new pack on Thursday like normal. Instead of 7 days pill-free, I went 10-11 days, NO PROTECTION . I should have started my pack sooner. I know that I missed pills at a crucial time because I extended my pill-free interval... I've been looking it up on the web, and I'm worried. I could very well ovulate since after 7 days I wasn't necessarily protected. I missed the three last pills PLUS started my pill pack late.

What if I ovulate and become pregnant?! my wedding is in 16 months so I'm not necessarily worried about that, but I am starting the nursing program in August. I feel like we were so careless. I'm trying to keep positive but it's hard when you have a entire month to even be able to test.

I'm 23 years old and am definately not ready for this. I wanted atleast to wait a year after getting married! My fiance is tired of me thinking I'm pregnant and moping around the house. Has anyone went through the situation and either was/was not pregnant.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

I have missed my pills before and not become pregnant. I wouldn't focus too much on it unless you miss a period. No use freaking yourself out.

#3 DGG

DGG
      • 275 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

If you got your period after that, assuming it was a normal period (not really light) than you probably not pregnant. Just stay on your regular pills and use a condom next time if you mess up the pills. If you were pregnant, the pregnancy test would be positive about 2 weeks after you ovulated/got pregnant - so you can take a home pregnancy test 2 weeks after starting your new pack and it's somewhat reliable.
        I've messed up my pills a lot and never got pregnant - although I had plenty of freak-outs like you... try not to get too down before you know anything.. good luck :)

#4 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
        • 247 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

I wouldn't really worry to much unless your miss your period.. but you can always take a pregnacy test to help ease your worries

#5 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
          • 369 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, I'm trying not to think about anything until I have too. Just needed someone to talk to about it. Fiance says Im a worry wart, which is a little true. I will keep you posted at the end of the month. Fingers-crossed!

#6 inunez

inunez
            • 172 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:01 PM

although it might be too late - u can try taking the 72 hr pills. its almost a double dose of ur regular pills. but it does stop the ovulation. if u've gotten ur period already i wouldn't worry though.

#7 big3n09

big3n09
              • 616 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

Hopefully everything works out for the best I can understand your concern. I recently stopped using my Nuva Ring, then did a very bad thing. However I ran and got a Plan B and that took care of it. I'm not sure I want kids at all so I definatly was not looking to be preggo!
                4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#8 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                • 712 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Calm down sweetie, I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't sress yourself out (u have a dw that'll keep you stressed enough lol).
                  I never have that kind of problem bc I don't have a perios. I take prometrium (sp) every 3 months to have a period (which I edn to forget to take). So when I'm ready to kids it'll be a problem but I've had these issues all my life and I don't know what it is to have a period every month but it seems like it would suck. At any rate I'm sure you'll be fine.

#9 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,921 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:06 PM

don't worry! everything will work out the way it is supposed too.

You could take a plan B if it is w/i 3 day window. otherwise, be careful until next pack and don't worry! it won't help anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users