Sign in to follow this  
August2010Bride

Made a HUGE mistake!!

oops.gifI feel like crying right now! During the month of February I was taking my pills late for a couple of days, I was convinced I was pregnant so I missed my last 3 pills so that I could see if I would get my period faster.

Well I got my period so not thinking I started my new pack on Thursday like normal. Instead of 7 days pill-free, I went 10-11 days, NO PROTECTION doh.gif. I should have started my pack sooner. I know that I missed pills at a crucial time because I extended my pill-free interval... I've been looking it up on the web, and I'm worried. I could very well ovulate since after 7 days I wasn't necessarily protected. I missed the three last pills PLUS started my pill pack late.

What if I ovulate and become pregnant?! my wedding is in 16 months so I'm not necessarily worried about that, but I am starting the nursing program in August. I feel like we were so careless. I'm trying to keep positive but it's hard when you have a entire month to even be able to test.

I'm 23 years old and am definately not ready for this. I wanted atleast to wait a year after getting married! My fiance is tired of me thinking I'm pregnant and moping around the house. Has anyone went through the situation and either was/was not pregnant.

Thanks for letting me vent!!! worried2.gif

I have missed my pills before and not become pregnant. I wouldn't focus too much on it unless you miss a period. No use freaking yourself out.

If you got your period after that, assuming it was a normal period (not really light) than you probably not pregnant. Just stay on your regular pills and use a condom next time if you mess up the pills. If you were pregnant, the pregnancy test would be positive about 2 weeks after you ovulated/got pregnant - so you can take a home pregnancy test 2 weeks after starting your new pack and it's somewhat reliable.

I've messed up my pills a lot and never got pregnant - although I had plenty of freak-outs like you... try not to get too down before you know anything.. good luck :)

Yeah, I'm trying not to think about anything until I have too. Just needed someone to talk to about it. Fiance says Im a worry wart, which is a little true. I will keep you posted at the end of the month. Fingers-crossed!

although it might be too late - u can try taking the 72 hr pills. its almost a double dose of ur regular pills. but it does stop the ovulation. if u've gotten ur period already i wouldn't worry though.

Hopefully everything works out for the best I can understand your concern. I recently stopped using my Nuva Ring, then did a very bad thingdoh.gif. However I ran and got a Plan B and that took care of it. I'm not sure I want kids at all so I definatly was not looking to be preggo!

Calm down sweetie, I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't sress yourself out (u have a dw that'll keep you stressed enough lol).

I never have that kind of problem bc I don't have a perios. I take prometrium (sp) every 3 months to have a period (which I edn to forget to take). So when I'm ready to kids it'll be a problem but I've had these issues all my life and I don't know what it is to have a period every month but it seems like it would suck. At any rate I'm sure you'll be fine.

don't worry! everything will work out the way it is supposed too.

You could take a plan B if it is w/i 3 day window. otherwise, be careful until next pack and don't worry! it won't help anything.